Am I losing it????

Addie

Just came to check in and look what I found on the main page:

THE PATH LESS TRAVELLED

For members that have chosen not to seek treatment. Anything and everything that goes with living with cancer without major radiation, chemotherapy or surgery.

Moderator DeanCarl 43 336 Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm

I copied and pasted that. Do you see the date?

I am posting because otherwise I'd think I was going loopy. Anyone else see that Dec. 31, l969 date?[/i]

Addie -

I thought the same thing when I saw that - something from the other side although I was still a gleam in my mothers eye :) although by the timing it could have been my conception - birthday is 9/7/70 - thinking I was a little early....things that make you go hmmmmmmm!

Much Love,

Amy

OK!!!!! You all make me feel old!! I lived in Whittier CA, a suburb of LA. I was in Jr High, I remember the Charlie Manson era. I can not recall if it was the end of 69 or 70. I moved to little Robinson in Aug of 1970. Started High school that fall.

I just had my 30 yr class reunion this summer.

Cindy

, I remember the Charlie Manson era. I can not recall if it was the end of 69 or 70. I moved to little Robinson in Aug of 1970. Started High school that fall.

I just had my 30 yr class reunion this summer.

AAAARRRGGGHHHHH....Old? I'll tell ya about old. Charlie Manson did his thing in l969. I know because that was the summer I spent with a girlfriend, traveling western Europe (on LESS than $5.00 a day, most days! :roll: ) and I was 22 then. This past August was my 40th high school reunion!!!! AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!! :D

That same summer, man first walked on the moon. I was in Denmark at the time. Wanna guess how many Heinekens two 22 year olds can consume watching the original moon walk? :wink:

Oh, and it was also the year of Prince Charles' investiture (is that the right word? I ain't too up on my "royals" :roll: ) asPrince of Wales!

As well as being the year I met the cutest professional soccer player in Rotterdam....and you know how they always say all roads lead to Rome? Well.....NOT if you're 22 years old and meet a pro soccer player. THEN....all roads lead to Rotterdam! :oops:

Ahhhh....the memories. BTW, I still have the front page of the newspaper showing Manson and his family! My mom saved it for me. Got the moon walk front page too! And an insert from the London paper about Charlie.

Oh...and some cute pictures of that soccer player. His name was Theo. 8) Hey....who brought up l969 anyway and sent me off on this reverie? :wink:

Addie, were you born in 47'? In 69 I was a newly wed. I was skinny! That summer my husband who was in the Navy was transfered to Key West, Florida to teach Sonar School. We were there for nearly 4 yrs. O the life! Donna G

Donna....nope, '46. But my birthday is in Sept.....so in the summer of '69 I was still 22. I turned 23 somewhere outside of Paris. Cannot for the life of me remember the name of the little town...but sure do remember the dinner my galfriend and I had, to celebrate! It was a splurge. Probably cost us $5.00 apiece! :D Lots of wine too, to wash it all down! :wink:

In 1969 I was 20, married, hubby was in Vietnam, I lived with my in-laws during that year, I was also skinny, and I bleached my hair blonde! I had my mother-in-law take sexy pictures of me (fully clothed, but in bathing suits, etc.) and sent them to hubby to torture him! Hubby used to send me romantic and dirty talk letters. LOL! Those were REALLY the good old days.

Peggy

• 4 weeks later...

In 1969 I was 25 and my youngest son was born. I remember watching the space walk on television. I also remember the Manson headlines. I remember thinking that I was fat. OH to be that size again! What ever made me think that was fat?

The sixties were a good time. People still spent time together as families and most stores closed on Sundays and holidays. Music still sounded like music and songs had words that you could actually understand and they weren't vulgar :!:

I can't help but wonder what our kids will remember about this decade when they look back from the age we are now. Will they have fond memories or will they want to forget that things seemed so screwed up?

Nostalgia what a road to travel down. Now if you want to hear about a real good year accidentally put up 1959 now that was a year :!:

In 1969, I had my first summertime romance. We never kissed, but the hand holding sure got hot and heavy. Made my heart go pitter pat.

Yummy Yummy Yummy I got love in my Tummy was a song that was critisized by his mother because she thought it was dirty.... I didn't get it.

The Beatles were still cool.

Mini skirts were definitely in. So were windowpane stockings. Fishnet stockings. And synthetic wigs. Afros. Big ones. Mini Midi and Maxi length dress sizes. The shag haircut.

I think I have the year right. Close enough.

cindi o'h

Well I'm superstitous.. but if that were my birthday, I think I would buy a lottery ticket. I saw it too and thought maybe its the birthdate of my future husband???? :lol:

Or Maybe its a Y2k virus finally coming out with a 1969 New Years origination date????? Ah, yeah quess I'm not technologically able to analyze that one... :wink::lol: