Going to Pops' for the holidays!

kitkathi

Hi All,

I have just finished the semester and am on vacation for 5 weeks!! Yippee!! Naturally, the day after my last exam I came down with a wretched cold!!

I leave on Monday morning to go to my parents house. I have been talking to Pops every day and he is counting down. He is so excited. I am so thankful that he has made it to his second Christmas since he was diagnosed. He has been doing really well on his chemo. He is a little tired but isn't feeling nauseated or anything.

The Wed after I get there my mom and I are cooking a huge traditional Korean luncheon for the Police Department (where pops works). They have been incredible to our family. So many people donated tons of hours so my dad could stay on the payroll. When that ran out, he would come to work and they would have him shred 1 piece of paper every 5 minutes or so (remove staples from papers). The next day we are cooking the same lunch for the wonderful people at the Cancer Center where my dad is getting treatment. They treat him like he is a member of their family.

It is supposed to snow when we get up there and everyday including Christmas!! My daughter will love that!! Hopefully I'll tolerate the cold; I'm so used to the warm weather (I typically avoid my parents in the winter; I make them come to me).

I just want to say thanks for all the warm wishes and prayers you've sent my family. I'm praying for miracles and cures for everyone. I'll drop a line when I get up there!!

Kitkathi