Justakid in the hospital

Remembering Dave

Hey everyone, I'm home, thank goodness!

No embolism, rapid heart beat may be from thyroid or who knows what. I'm taking a beta blocker, which guess what......I had a reaction too! Dizzy, nausea, headache....trying to get use to it, hopefully it will straighten out tomorrow. Last night while I was sleeping I rate was up to 155 per minute, pretty bad for just sleeping!

I was also getting blood thinners in case there was a clot, those things hurt getting shots in your side! Between the blood gases and blood thinners I thought my husband would pass out! He doesn't like needles. It also took four trys to get the IV started.

My hands have started to peel from the antibiotics that I am taking for the Tarceva side affects....while I was waiting to be discharged, I was picking at my hand and started to bleed, nothing like having to confess to the nurse that you were doing something you shouldn't have been doing and now couldn't stop bleeding. She added to my discharge papers....no skin peeling (smart-*ss).

Doing OK, went to the doctor for a cough and rapid heart rate, two minutes after the EKG he comes in and tells me that I'm going to the hospital....once again they got me, I almost fell off the table, I was not expecting that at all! I don't think that my son will ever let me go to the doctor again.....I keep getting sent to the hospital.

Guess I wasn't getting enough attention!

Thanks for all the responses, prayers and thoughts! Thanks Dave, Karen and Cindi for keeping everyone posted. All the prayers are probably what brought me home early! I know I was saying alot of them, especially in the CAT Scan machine!

Merry X-mas everybody!

Beth, have you seen the Wizard of Oz lately? ("There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place...") :D I'm so glad you're home for the holidays... Now, stay there! :roll: I do hope things will calm down now, and that you can enjoy the holidays in much better health. Thinking of you, praying for you, wishing you a Merry Christmas!

BeckyCW

Beth,

Missed you from the forum, but at least you are home for

the holidays, let everybody do for you.

Beta-blockers work by reducing the force of electrical signals that stimulate the heart. They are used to prevent arrhythmias and to stop attacks already in progress.

They are not as strong as other medication but with all the reactions

you have they are safer.

Best wishes for the holidays.

Love

J.C.

Thanks JC

I was upstairs having a few pains and was totally blowing it out of proportion. I had to keep telling myself that I had the heart monitor on last night and had the same pains, plus taking the beta blocker.

It's funny how you can get yourself all worked up. It's probably stress cause it wasn't happening until they said "heart" at the doctors office!

At least the rash on my face is clearing up! :D I was walking laps on the PCU ward and everyone kept looking at me, although it could have been cause I was excercising in the heart unit with my monitor on! :? I was wearing a very stylish red robe with snowmen on it!

Beth,

I am so glad you are home kid. What a ride. I have heart arrythmias as well. The first time it happened I nearly went through the roof..scared me. Now I take 3 drugs to keep it regular. Mine involved A-fib. One is a beta blocker...one is a calcium channel blocker and the other one I am not sure of :oops: I just know that this combo works for me and it is a relief not to have them. I hope you get acustomed to your medicine soon and that it stops giving you side effects. Maybe this too will pass.

Again, glad you are home for the holiday. Don't pull any more stunts ok? :)

Nina

Walking laps on the PCU ward

I

was walking laps on the PCU ward and everyone kept looking at me, although it could
have been cause I was excercising in the heart unit with my monitor on!

Imagine what it does for those watching you, it can be done.

Hang in there on the exercise thing it gets easier and it pays off

That is the kind of support I need.

Keep up the fight.

Thanks

Bo

Hi Beth

So glad you got home before Christmas, and I know your family is glad to have you home and nothing to major wrong. My mom also takes meds for arithmia (sp), just keep a handle on it, as I know you will. You are much to young for all of these things. Your attitude and will to conquer this beast have taken you a long way and will continue to do so,you are an inspiration to us all.

Have a wonderful holiday and next year is going to be your year!!!!!

Love,

Kim

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Beth,

Between being sick (stupid bronchitis) and having the holidays descend upon me like the proverbial ton of bricks, I missed your 'news', so am belatedly sending hurrahs that you're home from the hospital, at home with your family, and that you were able to celebrate the holidays where you belong. My husband also is on three different drugs to regulate heart rate/blood pressure -- none of which were a problem before surgery but all of which erupted after the lobectomy. The meds work wonders and his heart rate is slow and steady, thank heavens, and his blood pressure right where it should be. Hope your a-rhythmia is only a blip, caused by all the incredible complications you've been beset with, and that it will not only be completely controlled by the meds but actually disappear as you return to "normalcy" (a 1920's word, popularised by then President Harding).

Can't blame your son for wanting you to stay away from those doctors -- but a good thing you have good ones who take good care of you!

Ellen