Test results in

cathyr

:( Well, just got back from the onc. office. I've been on Iressa for 2 months and went off it Friday after the published reports. As it turns out, the Iressa was not working. I have progression of the disease in multiple nodules in the right lung as well as several more lymph nodes. I dread telling my family. This will break my mothers heart.

I am being tested for the protein necessary to be in the Epimmune clinical trial and should know in a few days if I have it. Please pray for me. The doctor is going to check into trials at UCLA for me as well. He is not advising Tarceva for me since I've had such a tough time with Iressa. He also did not seem too positive about Navelbine or Alimta for me.

Sorry to have to write about this, but this is the only place I can be totally honest. I will have to sugar-coat this for my family.

CathyR

Sorry to hear that Iressa wasn't working for you. I will keep my fingers crossed that you may qualify for the new trial.

Please don't feel guilty about expressing how you feel on this site. We are all here to get support and help. Since each of us have been on the emotional rollercoaster and can relate to the ups and downs that go along with this journey - Express yourself!! If anyone can understand, it would be the likes of us here. I have found that sometimes it is easier to vent here, then discuss issues with my family once I have calmed down a bit.

Take care and keep us posted.

Happy holidays!

Wendy

Cathy

I am so sorry for your news, but I think I am more sorry for you having to "sugar coat" this for your family. You have enough on your plate to have to deal with that also. You need you family right now. But as I am sitting here typing this, I am thinking if it were me, it is exactlywhat I would be doing also. We dont ever want to ones we love to be hurting or worrying or all those other emotions we experience sometimes on a daily basis.

Prayers coming your way for a nice holiday, in hopes that maybe this can be laid aside for a day or so.

God Bless you

Kim

Oh crud! I'm sorry, Cathy, that Iressa hasn't worked for you...but boy, you sure do have all my "protein vibes" that you can get into the Epimmune trial!

I'm sorry too, that you feel you have to soften things with family...but I understand that sometimes it's necessary. :( Good to know that you feel you can come here and offload the whole of things when you need to though.

Hoping that things turn around and you and your onc will come up with the right tx to stop the cancer in it's tracks, at the very least!

Thinking of you....and sending all positive thoughts your way.

This is the place to tell it all. I'm very sorry to hear that nasty news. I hope there is a glimmer of sunshine somewhere for you. Go to the beach and watch for whales.

:):)

When I had my questionable CAT scan, my husband asked if I had told my sisters. I told him no, I had told my website.

gail

Cathy,

I've been looking for your post today. Gosh, some of us just can't catch a break. I'm so sorry to hear of your progression. It must also be terribly frustrating to not know what the doctor plans to do. I'll also be sending all my positive vibes that you can get into the Eppimune trial. Praying that those protiens are there.

And by the way, you picked exactly the right place to "tell it like it is". We all understand what you are going through and hope some of our words will bring you comfort. (Sometimes family just doesn't know the right thing to say).

Try to stay positive, we will help you get through this.....

TAnn

Cathy,

I am so sorry to hear about your test results. Not a good way to celebrate the holidays. It seems some of us are just not meant to use the Iressa, so maybe the eppimune trial will be just the ticket. I'll say an extra prayer for you tonight. Never feel quilty about posting the truth on here. That is what we are here for. If any of us can help, just ask.

Nina

Thank you all so much for the good wishes. I don't know what I would do without this group! I will keep you posted on whether or not I get into the epimmune trial. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a happy and healthy xmas and New Years.

I love you all!!!!

CathyR

Hi Cathy,

I just saw your post. Bob and I have been in Fresno. I am sad and sorry to read the Iressa did not work. You are always in my prayers. I am adding some special prayers for you and pray you are a candidate for this new trial. Please keep us posted.

God Bless and thinking of you, prayers and hugs,

Karen

Hi Cathy.

You know that you can come here and spill any beans to us.. we have all had the same fears.

I was hoping for better news of course than progression. Got everything crossed that you have the protein.

We have the broad shoulders. PM me if you wanna yell at somebody! Like in Steel Magnolias ...Sally says, "I just want to hit something". then Olympia throws Shirley in front of her and says.."here! hit THIS!"

Please keep us updated. And lots of prayers going to heaven for you tonight.

Cindi o'h

Well, poop! I wish the Iressa had worked, but like Don, I too am a little puzzled why they don't want to try Alimta or Navelbine or something else.

I will pray that you will be eligible for the trial.

Thanks for letting us know, and please come often and talk to us about how you're doing, how you're feeling, etc. You just have to have somebody you can talk to. Come every day if you need to - twice a day or ten times a day. Put it into words - type it out - shout it out - whatever you need. We're here for YOU!

Love,

Peggy

Cathy,

I am sorry that things are progressing, and the Tarceva wasn't working. I hope they can come up with something else soon. Maybe you will have the right proteins for the vaccine trial!

Sorry you have to bear the weight of sugar coating this all for family -- like you don't have enough on your plate right now.

Try to enjoy the holidays, rant here with us when the need strikes you, and remember, we're always here with a hug, a shoulder to lean on, a bad joke or two to tell, ears to listen....

Prayers, always!!

XOXOXOX

MaryAnn