Season's Greetings

Kel M

Hi all,

I haven't been around much lately, but I wanted to take the time to update you all on Mom's condition.

Mom has been living with a blood clot in her lung for four months now. So long as her x-rays and scans stay clean, the plan is for her to have major surgery to remove it sometime in February or March. We're keeping all extremities crossed! :D

Mom visited with her oncologist last week and was immediately referred to a surgeon due to a growth at the top of her leg (groin area). Needless to say we were very worried it was her lymph nodes. She had surgery on Tuesday and I'm very happy to report that it was a hernia - and nothing more!

So, here it is December 23, one year after diagnosis and Mom will be enjoying her 59th Christmas! There could be no greater gift.

I also want to thank each and everyone of you for your gift of caring for others - most of whom you know only as a name on the computer. Please know that whether or not we have exchanged greetings, your indomitable will, your courage and your optimism inspire me daily.

Best wishes to you and your loved ones. Here's to a happy and healthy 2005 for all!

Kel

Kel...thanks for the update and Merry Christmas to you and your mom and family!! I hope Mom sees many, many more healthy Christmases!

You tell her....even if she doesn't get much golf in this winter....spring will be right behind and I hope to be out on the course then too! Mom and I can compare notes on our games then, but in the meanwhile I hope she gets the other health issue taken care of and is back in fine fettle in a hurry!

Best wishes....