Another Newbie

CharlieD

Another new kid on the block. Have been visiting this site every day for the past 6 months at least. I have learned so much from the wonderful people that share their stories and I guess it's time to share my story and get involved. My story follows:

4/07/04 dxd stage III/IV B NSCLC Adeno Carcinoma with malignant pleural effusion. 3.5cm mass on right lung with psbl mets to left lung.

5/07/04 began chemo gemzar/carbo.

6/11/04 CT some shrinkage

7/23/04 CT Stable

8/27/04 Last Chemo. Three month break

9/03/04 CT Stable

12/02/04 CT Suspicious

12/14/04 Started Iressa

12/22/04 Off Iressa, started Tarceva (Resulting from manufacturer ltr)

This is making an extremely long story, very short

Hi Charlie, glad you made yourself known. Welcome. In Booneville, do you get a lot of lake affect snow? Off lake Ontario? Please keep us posted now on how things are going. Donna G

Hi Charlie and Welcome. I am glad you found us. This is a great group of people and you will surely benefit from all the wisdom and support that you will find on this board.

I see that your profile is very, very much like mine. I'm at 20 months since diagnosis, so hang in there and keep up the hope. Please feel free to pm me to compare our treatments. I'd like that.

TAnn

Welcome Charlie,

Sorry to have to meet you here like this, but if you have l.c. it's the best site to be. Many of us have either been or are going through whatever you are. Please stay in touch, keep the faith, and lets all beat this darn beast!!!

Hoping 2005 is a safe, healthy, and happy year for you!

CathyR