To Dr. Joe:

dadstimeon

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"

- General George Patton Jr

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

- General George Patton Jr

Dr. Joe,

I'm not into BS, Politics or crap so I will cut right to the chase. I'm alive today thanks to my doctor. She told me from day one she would do everything humanly possible to help me. That's all I or anyone can ask of there doctor. She has also been upfront and square with me. She shows me the kindness, compassion, understanding and caring I look for in my doctor. I believe you are cut from the same mold. Being a doctor and helping people is a gift I believe is given to a select few by God. We all no the score if we have lung caner or we should. Life is not always fair or is it a perfect world. The blame game, pointing fingers, that's the easy thing to do, a cope out. It would be a shame to give up on the board (for any of us/everyone has something to offer in there own way) because one does not agree or like what was said. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be respected. We are not always going to see eye to eye. No body should feel driven away or they are not welcomed. And if people do decide to stay away (as some have) from the board, it's of there own chosen to do so and not because of the the good folks (we have to be fair to them also and not always put them on the spot/they are doing this out of love from there hearts/with there own time and money more or less/not an easy task) running the board. I think if you think it over you will realize that you will regret it in the long run not to stay. You are doing a tremendous service for all of us on the board. A lot of people including me depend on you as well as the other experts. Helping people is what it is all about. United we stand, Divided we fall. Please come back and do your thing.

Thank You, Rich

PS: That also goes for nurses. Cannot over look there tremendous contribution to our health and well being.

Dr. Joe,

I agree with Rich. You have been such a big help to us...more than you can probably realize. Please don't let the anger of one person turn you away. I have sent you a PM. Please stay and help us. We so desperately need and appreciate your help. I like the fact that you tell it like you see it. We need you. Take care.

Joe,

Maybe if you aren't logging in and reading our PMs, hopefully you are lurking and will see this thread.

Please don't stay away. We need you, and like Bruce said, you asked us if you would be welcome here, and you are.

You have put my mind at ease with many of your posts, and I appreciate your honest, straightforward answers, as well as your compassion that comes through each and every post.

I haven't been able to think about anything else all day. Please don't stay away.

God bless you,

Peggy

Dr. Joe-

I stand by my previous post on the thread that started all this.

When my doctor couldn't answer my question....you could. After David C and Karen told me you had joined the group back when I was in the hospital I was more then excited. I had my Husband bring the laptop to the hospital so I could get in line and ask my questions. You responded so quickly and I was so thrilled that you had an answer for me.

Please just take a break, I can't imagine how hard your job must be, and come back! :?

Joe

I hope that you realise how valued you are. It is comforting to know that we have you as a resource on this board. I hope that you decide to stay so that we can continue to benefit from your expertise, and so that your own patients can perhaps benefit from any insight you might gain from being a part of this on-line family.

Thank you for all of your help.

Karen

Well said, Rich, and thanks for starting this thread.

Dr. Joe, you are liked, respected and highly valued here. I am sorry that the intense emotions associated with lung cancer have visited themselves upon you personally.

No one should be insulted for giving an honest opinion, & especially not if it is offered in a compassionate manner, as yours was. Your kind openness is appreciated by 99.99% of the people here. We hope that one individual's emotions will not keep you away for long.

With admiration, Teresa

Dr. Joe,

I hope you will decide to return to us in the near future. Like Theresa said, 99.9% of the people here admire and respect you and your post. You have a gift and sharing it with us made each of us better for it. You are straight forward, compassionate and informed. And you have no agenda except helping other people. We all know what a sacrifice it is for you to take the time to post here. Thank you for it.

Nina

Dear Rich,

I just want to THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts. You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

I too have to say, if it weren't for MY DOC's I don't think I would be here today either! The Good Lord gave me Good Doc's!

I also just want to add, that in my opinion, this is a SUPPORT BOARD, and that I know of, it does NOT perform any kind of Miracles in saving lives. We offer support, and kindness and we do our best to help others.

I too want to say THANK YOU to our Dr. Joe for all the wonderful SUPPORT and INFORMATION he has shared here with all of us, out of the KINDNESS and GOODNESS of his own heart. THANK YOU JOE!

Much Love and Support,

Connie

P.S. Ginny, I'm helping you kick this to the top!

I, too, wish to add my pleas to those of the others above. I haven't had to post a direct question to you, Dr. Joe, but I have learned so much from reading the questions that others have put to you and your responses. It was reassuring knowing that you were on the board and could answer if I did have a question to ask you. Please enjoy your break and return to us -- we depend on you!

As we depend on all our doctors. My husband has been extraordinarily fortunate in the doctors he has treating him, cut out of the same cloth as yours, caring, knowledgeable, curious and compassionate. All these qualities are what make you all so invaluable. Don't give up on us!

Ellen

Dr. Joe,

Please don't leave us... you are needed and very much appreciated. I can understand someone being upset and just striking out trying to find fault and blame in their anguish, but please don't allow that to destroy your relationship with everyone on this board.

Dr. Joe,

I don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. I tried to send you a Pm, but not sure it went thru. I've yet to learn my way around this site. I may not know my way around this site, but I know a god send when I see one and that is you Dr. Joe. The fact that you have given so much of yourself to this board to begin with is and has been so much appreciated by most of us. Please know that there aren't enough words to express appreciation for your unselfish gift. As a doctor, I am sure you have to give opinions that are challenged on a daily basis, but don't let that stop you. It seems to me that doctors have to be the most compassionate and the toughest people around. God Bless you Dr. Joe and please come back to us. We need you. Besides, you left before I could ask my questions... :wink:

God Bless you,

sue

Joe,

I agree that we are so blessed to have you. Hope you take a very short break! If I ever got this disease I would come to Minn. and find you, because you possess that wonderful quality of caring about the whole person, a hard thing to find. Please come back soon.

Love

Nell

Dr. Joe,

I tried to send you a PM too. I am not sure if it went through. I know you are so welcome here and we need you. I agree with all that has already been said above. Please, please don't leave us. It is like a relationship or marriage. We don't just call it quits, we work it out and give it another chance. :cry: Thank you!!!

God Bless and prayers,

Karen

Dr. Joe:

I, too, routinely read your posts and admire you for the forthright yet compassionate way you respond to people in need.

I read the post that is at the origin of this and I still think you need to be commended for telling the truth - even if it's a difficult truth.

Thank you for volunteering your time here. Take a step back from all of this to see that you are almost universally respected by your friends on this site. You can't control certain individuals' reactions to your posts and you will never be able to. The web, unfortunately, mirrors life that way.

Keep speaking truth!

Kel

Dr. Joe

Although I have not asked you any questions, I did appreciate learning from you and was very happy that you took the time to answer others questions.

I have nothing but good to say about my Drs. --My GP saved my life by sending me for an X-ray because he knew I was a smoker---and my surgeon, who to this day (4 1/2 yrs after surgery), still orders my scans and does my check-ups. (I now am on the yearly schedule)

I too hope you will reconsider---If not, your time on here was very much appreciated

best wishes

Dr. Joe,

I, too, sent a private message, but it hasn't been read. I wrote, in part:

"...Please do not resign. I don't think anyone can promise that you won't be on the receiving end of someone's ire. But you are desperately needed...".

I am very sorry that you felt your postitive efforts for those of us here were outweighed by this one situation. I hope you will reconsider.

But no matter what you decide, I want to say Thank You again for all you did do during the time you were here. And I hope that the New Year is a happy and healthy one for you and those you love.