Brain Mets?!?!?!?!!!!

Remembering Dave

Karen and I went to see my Radiation Onc. yesterday and he actually looked at the scan films and came in and told us that there are 2 spots, about the size of peas, which are located approx. 1/2 inch inside the brain. He is not sure what it is since I had the PCI and then also had the radiation to my tumor which was located in my right upper sinus. He said it could be something which developed from all the radiation I have had to the head, or..........it could be mets. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!! I have an appt with a Neurosurgeon on the 17th. He said they would probably do a needle biopsy too see if thry are cancerous and then decide weather or not to actually operate and get them out. If they operate it will probably be done by either Gamma Knife or Stereotactic Radiosurgury. Needless to say Karen and I are scared out of our minds. We need all the good positive thoughts and prayers you can offer. I have not come this far to be gotten by a few little peas in the brain. I will continue to fight, fight, fight. I have too much to live for.

God Bless Us All.

David C

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David C..

Well doggonit anyway. That is not the best news of the year.

I have confidence in you and Karen that you will get this taken care of.

And that those peas will be growing instead in your new garden next Spring.

You can do this. Like you said, you are a fighter. No doubt about that.

All my best to help to calm the boogie men.

Cindi o'h

David,

I think that if the Doctor isn't sure what it is, that is good. You have had so much done in that area, couldn't it be scar tissue? I know how scared you are but find out exactly what you're dealing with before you panic. Unfortunately, it means another form of torture in the manner of a biopsy. Yuk.... but at least you will know for sure. In the meantime, we are not gonna start calling you "pea brain" yet! :lol:

I will send prayers your way. So sorry that you have yet 1 more thing to worry about.

TAnn

David,

I never thought I would agree with anything Frank Lamb said :wink: , but you are such an inspiration to all of us. You just keep kicking a** and taking names even though I'm sure it must get pretty frustrating, to say the least, at times.

Here's hoping these new "spots" are nothing to be concerned about. I also wish that somehow you find some worry free days between now and the 17th. Thoughts will be with you ...

David,

How easy it is for me to tell you to stay positive but I hope you can at least keep your sanity until you get the final report.

It sounds like your dr. thinks it is leftovers from all of your treatments but is just be cautious. And that is good.

Hope you are feeling better from all of your chemo.

Many prayers are being said for the Chapmans. Keep us posted.

Love,

Leave it to my little brother to give the words "pea brain" a whole new meaning! :shock: Seriously, y'all... let's pray these peas are not mets, and that whatever they are, David is a permanent member of the Empty Head Club very soon, therefore truly finished with treatment! (His last chemo was this past Friday.)

David, you know black-eyed peas are good luck on New Year's Day... Maybe they work all year and you should have them instead of split peas? (I'm not sure this could be found in any medical text, but...???)

Praying for us all, and especially for David, Karen, Faith, my parents, ...

BeckyCW

If they operate it will probably be done by either Gamma Knife or Stereotactic Radiosurgury. Needless to say Karen and I are scared out of our minds.

David, gamma knife and stereotactic radiosurgery are just a different type of radiation. It's focused radiation with special equipment that can give single mets megadoses of radiation. The machines move around the tumors and zap them several times. They won't actually "operate" or cut them out. I hope that will help to calm your fears a little.

I am sorry to hear that they found the spots, but I think we'll just decide that they are going to be scar tissue. If not, if they are tiny, they can be zapped to oblivion.

Love and prayers,

Peggy

David~

Everyone is right (even Frank!). Keep on kicking butt...maybe Karen stuck a couple of chips in your head like the Stepford Wives movie. Have you noticed an urge to do housework?

Seriously...we love you and want you well. Hopefully the peas are nothing.

Dave and Karen,

I am praying really hard that the peas are just scar tissue!! And if not, that they can zap them out right away without any pain and with lots of ease.

I am at a loss for words, you too have been through sooooo much!!!! Keep up the Faith (pun intended)!

We are all rooting for you!

NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David, NO mets for David

Oh, sorry, are you hearing my thoughts?

Prayers going up now that they turn out to be nothing of concern!

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

Enough already. Here's hoping those are nothing more than actual peas up there....perhaps snorted into the brain during a particularly raucous lunch of split pea soup!! :roll:

Perhaps this is just a result of the rad you've already had...and will disappear on it's own. But whatever....you keep that kick a$$ attitude of yours and we'll be here to back you up on it, okay?

You guys deserve some down time.....I mean it! And I sure hope you GET IT!!

Thinking of you....sending positive vibes......