California people, please check in! Need weather update!

gail

Yes, wet.... very, very, very wet! I cancelled 2 appointments on Friday, not wanting to drive in it. I didn't relish the thought of driving over 30 miles (and back) on a freeway with others driving 70 miles an hour on a curvy, slick freeway -- especially when many of them have little experience driving in pouring rain!

Anyway, we're okay in my neck of the woods -- just really wet! Actually, it was worse last week. One night I thought there must be a plane flying in circles over the house -- until I realized it was rain making that roar! :shock:

BeckyCW

Guess I'll echo the "wet" sentiment. We live in an area that isn't prone to floods or landslides so we're doing ok. No euciliptas (sp?) trees around us either so that's a good thing. How in the heck did God design such a HUGE tree with such TINY roots? One drop of water and it's "timber" for those things! :shock:

Dean

wow, I'm so glad to hear your all doing okay!

I just saw on the news tonight houses are falling down hills and mudslides are happening all over the place. Then the SNOW!! :shock: Holy Cow, I live in Minnesota and we don't have but a little dusting on the ground. :D

I hope everyone stays dry and safe.

Wet here in Sacramento, too. Not so windy today though. Supposed to still have more rain -- we've been lucky. A few big trees down in the midtown section; several people had cars or rooms of their houses smashed but don't think anybody was hurt. Pretty good today, though, just a couple light rains and hardly any wind.

Very wet! no breaks either, just constant rain. Local mountains are full of snow. I live in Santa Clarita but am glad to report our neighborhood has not been evacuated and is holding up well.

We drove our daughter back to school (up to Santa Cruz in Northern California) last Sunday, and drove back on Monday. The freeway had been closed off (area called the grapevine) and we had to drive east (to the desert) and then back west to get back home and it was a rough drive lots of rain and we hit a little bit of snow in Palmdale (just before Santa Clarita). We are not used to a lot of rain much less to having snow so close by. It was an adventure and I was relieved and thankful that we made it home safely.

Martha

Not doing too bad up here in the moutains. I live at around 1500 feet. We had a little dusting of snow Friday but the major snow storm that was supposed to hit yesterday fizzled out. We had a lot of rain the beginning of last week. Everyone has been keeping our eyes on those burned moutain sides but they seem to be holding up pretty well with the rain so far. I think CDF had done a pretty good job or shoring up in preperation for the wet season. My only complaint is that if it is going to be cold and damp I would like to see just a little more snow. Got to get something nice for freezing our ***** off :!:

Thanks for asking about us Californians Gail.

I there room aboard your Ark for a single senior Fay?! It is still pouring down and they say it will do so most of the night and into tomorrow morning.

I have also been staying at home, there is far too much water out there. Our "river" which is usually a trickle for most of the year is bank to bank and roaring along at great speed. Well, the Tsunami puts our bad weather into perspective so I am not complaining.

Paddy