Just and update on my Father

cmeandk

Hello-

Well, my father isn't doing so hot. The Onc switched him from the IV chemo to the pill. His veins have all but collapsed. He is wheelchair bound. And needs help getting in and out of bed. It's very sad to see him like this. I remember when he was first diagnosed and I thought it couldn't get any worse, then he had the heart attack, and I thought it couldn't get any worse. Everyday you think He couldn't get any worse and he does. He is starting to see things now and is very confused much of the time.

I am getting married this Saturday, moved it up six months so Dad will be there. He won't be able to walk down the aisle with me, but he will be able to be there. That is all that counts now.

To all of you folks that are fighting this beast, I pray for you.

To all of you folks that post here, I thank you. Sometimes just reading the boards has a way of letting me escape.

I wish you all a very happy and healthy new year.

Hi Cheryll,

What a giving and loving thing to do for your Father. I am sure that he will just love to see his daughter be married. And then there will be the party of which he may just take center floor. I hope that this will be one of the best days of his life. I am sure it will be one for you....

Keep us posted please on how things are going for you and for him.

Cindi o'h

Sorry your dad isn't doing so well.Congratulations on your wedding and glad your dad will be able to be there.

My oldest grandaughter will also be getting married this summer and back in 2003 I never thought I would make it there,but it looks like I'll have to build up enough oxygen to do a dance or two.

Wishing you a great wedding and a bright and happy future.

This is the kind of story that makes me nuts. This young guy, 49 and why isnt tx working? Its the same tx we all got. Why does it work for some and then not others? I know, I sound nuts, but it breaks my heart.

I am so happy he will be at your wedding. I am sure it will mean the world to him.

Why hasnt CPT-11 been tried?

My heart is breaking for you both,

Jen

Aw sweetie! This is sad to hear and good to hear (about the wedding) at the same time. You probably aren't seeing this tonight since you're getting married tomorrow, but I will be thinking of you and your sweet dad tomorrow.

I'm so glad he is getting to see his beautiful daughter get married.

God love you both!

Peggy

I am so so sorry :( I am so unhappy to know about what's happened on your dad. His confusion may be caused by the brain mets.

For your wedding, I am so touched that you make it forward, I'm just thinking that is it possible to let him on the aisle with you? It will be a very beautiful picture if he could be at your side, it is a memorable moment. Can someone like your mom helping him? It will mean a lot to your dad.

Don't give up, I will pray for your dear dad. Please get him happy and don't let him give up.