Brain MRI

Justakid

Beth,

I was a sure as I have been of anything in my life that it have moved to my brain. My MRI is clear, a perfect match to my last one. Keep the faith.

Glenn

I spend far too much time on this computer......either posting or trying to help or researching lung cancer or researching colon cancer (for my friend Mike). TOO much time! I just don't like not knowing. If I was younger I think this would have pushed me back into college and going for an MD. Too set in my ways now and my children need my extra time.

I couldn't take the pressure anymore of worrying about if this was brain mets. I have accepted the MRI on the trailer and will get through it, even if I cry the entire time (hate tight places).........

Anyway I decided to look up ALL my meds side affects since I react so easily. I looked up my anti-depressant and one of the side affects is BLURRED or DOUBLE vision! I checked my calendar.......I saw my shrink 01/05/05 and we lowered my dose from 100mg to 50mg on 01/08/05 I had double vision. All of the other meds cause dizziness, then I remembered we had to wait a few hours for me to be released from the hospital at X-mas because my heart meds made me so dizzy I couldn't stand up. This week I had an optic migraine, haven't had one since before all this started. On 01/03/05 I went back to work full time + and the stress has been unbareable there.

This has made me feel A LOT better! I could be spitting in the wind with this....but is makes sence with my reactions to drugs!!!

If im right I will do a superior dance! :lol::wink::D:!:

Will let you know what happens!

Beth,

Just thinking of you and hoping for all good results. Maybe just close your eyes and imagine taking a sledge hammer to that MRI machine - kinda like I do with my computer when it crashes on me (hey, you're talking to the woman who invented the term "compucide" - visualize a bleary-eyed graduate student who's lax about saving her work regularly, suddenly getting the blue screen of death at about 3 a.m. while working on a paper due that day :shock: . An airtight case for "justified compucide" if you ask me :twisted: ) Humm, this MRI visualization experience could be just the thing to get rid of a bit of hostility - don't you think!

Beth...

Ask the tech to place a wash cloth over your eyes! That way, even if you're tempted to look.....you won't be able to see how close the machine is.

I'm not big on such tight spaces either...but have had two MRIs with a washcloth and did just fine! I could see a little light sort of at my feet...coming from the booth (and by the way, this was outside in the mobile MRI unit...or the trailer as you call it :wink: ) and that helped orient me.

Please....ask the tech to just place a small washcloth over your eyes. It made all the difference for me...and it might for you too! Will be wishing you good luck on Thursday.