Permanent Hall Pass

kimblanchard

Dear Joe,

This just seems so very unfair to the rest of us here. We are being "punished" for the unkind words of one or two. I understand you are upset, people can be such idiots. But, at the same time I wish you wouldn't make us all suffer for the acts of a few, it just isn't fair. I have PM'd you on numerous occassions telling you how I feel about what you have done for this board... please, please reconsider. With much sincereity and gratitude, Sharon

Dr Joe: I am sorry you are being harrassed. I suspect there is more going on ..maybe they got your email address and are not letting up.. I know how distressing that can be. My daughter had to put up with email harassment for 6 months or more. Anyway, you have a good heart.. God bless you.

Katie and Rick,

Please get rid of this moron that keeps doing this. Its hard enough that you two deal w/ this board for us, but to have to monitor this crap is too much to ask. Sorry to ask, but this person is just destructive and taking up way too much time. Get rid of them.

Dr. Joe,

You know when involved in any community (work, church, school) there will be people issues. Ignore them.

Jen

Dr. Joe,

I believe, according to a post by Katie, that the person(s) sending the offending posts have been banned from the site. You are clearly wanted here. You give so much and have asked for nothing in return. We know that, you know that... what else matters.

If you decide to rethink this matter and ignore those who only agitate others, I know we would be so thrilled if you would be a part of this community. We truly do appreciate you.

The abuse to which you were subjected is not tolerated here and the board has made that clear now that it has been brought to their attention.

Please remember that we are never really certain what motivates cruelty, but we know that it is never a reflection of the victim. It should also not be a reflection of the rest of this community. In any event, I hope we hear from you again. If we don't, please know that we appreciate all that you have already done. I am sure that your giving nature is of tremendous value to your patients. I wish your family a happy healthy new year... and many many more.

I can't believe this is happening again. Dr Joe comes back and post just "1" post and gets ambushed again. Why are people so cruel?

To Dr Joe I say....You were a hope to some on this board. Altho I am NED I looked foreward to your post because I might face the beast again one day. We love you and need you here.

To the ones responsible I say.... Why? (no I won't use that word) What did Joe do to you? Did you not benifit from his presence or was you cured and no longer needed info? Why did you want to ruin "hope" for others.

As Sam would say, "God Bless Us All"

Dr. Joe,

There have been so many pleas asking you to stay; so many sad posts at the prospect of your leaving - surely you cannot let the words of one discount the words of so many. Your post said "someone", so I get to assume it's only one person. No one on this board can defend, understand or apologize for this individual; all we can do is speak our own hearts - please listen to them. Do not give more weight to one individual, than to the masses here. You cannot read the heartfelt words of so many and know that you have not helped, that you are loved and that you are needed.

Please read Stand4Hope's posting again - it was quite powerful.

Please keep helping and healing those on this board.

Peace be with you.

Dear Dr. Joe,

I couldn't possibly add anything to what everyone else has said, but I wholeheartedly ditto John's (Mr. Ry's) post. Only you know what is best for you and you have already given so much to so many. You will be sadly missed, but we are all very grateful for the time you have so graciously given us.

God bless you and your family,

Dr Joe - Although I have not personally posted a question to you directly, I have certainly benefitted from your response to others on this site. It is impossible for me to imagine what would incite anyone to degrade you or otherwise criticize your efforts to help others. I think it says a lot about the individual that he/she did not have the guts to post their comments on this site to give the rest of us an opportunity to comment. Unfortunatly, Dr Joe this imperfect world has a lot of cowards that can not stand up and be counted. They choose to hide in the shadows and cast their stone anonomously in fear of being challenged. I hope you will see this for what it is and continue your mission of mercy. All the best to you and your family and hope to see you back. Take care and God Bless.

CharlieD

Dr Joe,

The other day I was thinking about our Onc, he is a young Dr. maybe 30 something and a wonderful smile. I was thinking how stressful his job is and how hard for him it must be when things just don't go the way they should. I truly feel sorry for what he has to do at times. In it for the money? I don't think so, he is here because he wants to make a differance, he not only deals with the patients but with their entire families at times, it truly must be so sad for him. People seem to strike out when they don't like what they hear at times.

We might not always like what he says, or agree but I know what he says, he does so with great compassion. We as lay people tend not hear the bad things at times and just focus on the good.

Rosemary

I can't believe some schmuck posted such a rude comment. He/she ruined it for the rest of us. like Don said, he won...

We really need you, respect you and look forward to your posts. I hope one day you will reconsider and come back for the rest of us, we miss you.

Kathy

Dr. Joe,

First, I want to thank you for all the time and energy you so generously devoted to us in your time here. No clear-minded person could ever question your heart and motives.

However, I can't let you leave without joining the thundering clamor asking you to stay. Even if it is selfish of us to ask more of you after what you have experienced - we desperately need you. Think of how much every person on this board has already lost because of this monstrous disease. You are one of the special "miracles" we all cling to in this battle.

When I staged the "Shine A Light" on Lung Cancer rally in November, some young teens in the city square jeered and threw cigarettes. But there was a crowd of listeners who opened their hearts, came up to sign petitions and offer support. That's what this lung cancer business is all about - fighting back in the face of some pretty powerful opposition and odds. I realize that this is not your personal battle and we are asking a great deal - but I think you have such a big heart that you feel like you are right down in the trenches with us. No "white flags" yet, ok-- please, please!

Dr. Joe--

I have been "away" with my hall-pass, so I have no idea what started all of this. I am so sorry--and honestly ashamed that a member(s?) of this board would behave so badly. As others have articulated quite clearly (and in great volume)--this/these individual(s) do not represent the vast majority of us here.

As for the person who accused you of being simply mercenary--they are obviously clueless a) as to the many trials and tribulations (financial and otherwise) becoming/being a doctor put one through (and one's family) and B) how clear it is that being a doctor, for you, is not simply a profession, but a vocation.

I am truly sorry--both for you and for the fact that the members of the board will be deprived of your wonderful guidance, advice, and support.

However, I think Mr. Ry expressed my other thoughts quite well.

We want you to stay--but we also respect your decision to do what is best for you.

Here's to hoping that you use your "key-shaped" hall-pass to return at some point in the future.

Wishing you all the best,

Melinda

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Dr. Joe,

Words cannot express how sad Iam. I know your time is valuable. I

don't know what was said or who said it, but please know there are sooo

many here who truly appreciate all of your time and posts.

Hopefully you will stop in once and awhile to visit. I hope you have great success in your career and family life. Take care and know we will

miss you much!!!!!!!!!!!