Shared information

Laura Ann

When I first discovered this site I was really surprised at how many members don't reveal the States or Citys in which they live. I think it could be helpful for the newcomers, or those seeking second opinions, to gain information about hospitals and doctors in their area.

Just a thought.

Laura

I think that's a great idea too! I wish the great folks here would realize they don't have to give there REAL name's as I'm sure most people don't, (which is fine) but it would be nice to see what state they are in for just the reason you gave.

Also, I don't understand why the members feel they need to hide there signatures when they are on the board. I always see about 4 + people hidden. Can't imagine why anyone would feel they needed to hide when they are on the board. Oh well! it's an option, so I guess some people just feel they need to use it.

I hope our good friends will go in and put the state they are from in there porfiles. Thanks for the idea.

Hugs,

Connie

Connie,

I see your point, but I too am guilty of hiding at times, more so on AIM :) The reason is that sometime you don't want people to see how pathetic you are and how often you are on line ;) Heehee. Or sometimes you dont want peopel to see you are home if you say you are elsewhere :):):)

I think it takes awhile also for people to get comfortable enough to share information. When I first joined I never used my name, After awhile I was comfortable signing my name to my posts.

It is nice when we at least have a state.

Oh and Connie....a lot of people hide when they are on at work and don't want anyone to know they are on the board (not me of course :P ) and not really working. Of course the first time you post your cover is blown...

Rochelle

WORK? WORK? Ry, what is WORK??? :P:P:?:? I'm sorry, I'm retired!! Well, that's not ture either. Truth is, I'm to lazy to go back to work! OKAY, my secret is out!

What do they say? "You can run but you can't HIDE??? " :wink::roll:

Hugs,

Con

I think it takes awhile also for people to get comfortable enough to share information. When I first joined I never used my name, After awhile I was comfortable signing my name to my posts.

It is nice when we at least have a state.

Oh and Connie....a lot of people hide when they are on at work and don't want anyone to know they are on the board (not me of course :P ) and not really working. Of course the first time you post your cover is blown...

Rochelle

When I was going to my uncle's funeral in Chicago, I was surprised a woman from his church came over right before we left the house. She was housesitting. They told me thieves would watch for funerals in the paper and rob the house while everyone was gone.

This is probably overly cautious - I am not specific about the location because I don't want burglars to rob our house. We are pretty easily identifiable here otherwise, small town, and even post times we will not be home and what drugs we have in the house.

And I am shy.

Margaret

I'm with Margaret. I now live in a very small town and believe it or not, EVERYONE knows me. Armed with a first name and something like "wicked sense of humor", a would-be stalker would be pointed to my house, given background of my antics in high school, the dating life of my parents, my grandparents' names and vocations, etc.

I also log on at work and really don't need to be visible...

...and I prefer to stay hidden when I'm on.