Dear God:

dadstimeon

We remember our family/friend(s) and his/her family/friend(s) who are going through many trials and tribulations in their lives.

He/She is coming to the end of rope of hope.

God, we know you have plans for everyone. We do not know what they are. We know everything happens according to your plans and to the ultimate good of all of us. So, we cannot ask what You should do for my family/friend(s) and his/her family/friend(s).

All we can say, God, is that Thy will be done.

O Lord, deliver my family/friend(s), his/her family/friend(s), and us from

the fear of the unknown future;

the fear of failure;

the fear of poverty;

the fear of bereavement;

the fear of loneliness;

the fear of sickness and pain;

the fear of age; and

the fear of death.

God, teach us to be generous;

Teach us to serve You as Your deserve it;

To give and not to count the cost,

To fight and not to seek for rest,

To labor and not to seek reward,

Save that of knowing that we are instruments you use to seek your will.

Help us, God, by thy grace to love and fear you only,

fill my family/friend(s) and his/her families/friend(s) and our hearts with cheerful courage and loving trust in You.

Hear our prayers, O God;

When his/her heart weakens with despair; provide my family/friend(s) with a rock that he/she can lean on and get comfort.

Be a refuge for my family/friend(s) and his/her family/friend(s), provide them with a tower of strength in the face of adversities.

Provide them a shelter in the shadows of your wings like a mother bird that takes care of her children in the face of danger.

We ask that You strengthen family/friend(s) so that he/she will have the courage and compassion to face life, and guide and help him/her to chose the path that will be pleasing to you. Strengthen him/her family/friend(s) so that they can collectively overcome these setbacks in this phase of their lives.

God, You keep us from falling.

You lift us from the dark valley of despair to the bright mountain of hope.

You elevate us from the midnight of desperation to the daybreak of joy.

We pray that you help family/friend(s)and his/her family/friend(s) face these uncertain times and emerge triumphant and victorious, and pray with all of us that "Thy will be done."

Amen

That's a beautiful prayer; thank you so much.

When my mom was first DX, I was praying and reading my bible, and the Lord gave me this Psalm for my mom and your prayer reminded me of it.

Hope it's ok that I share it.

Psalms 91

1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.