Does anyone know of a Br. Cancer site like this one?

Melinda

Dear all,

Sorry this is not LC related--but if anyone knows of a site like this one (even remotely like this one) for breast cancer, could they please let me know?

I know that some of you have battled breast cancer yourselves--or have loved ones who have.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Melinda

Melinda,

The ACOR group has a Breast cancer site. They have one for just about ALL cancer's.

I think it's ACOR.ORG or ACOR.COM Not sure!

Have you typed in Breast Cancer Support Group in a search area? Boy, I would think if anyone did that, TON'S of them would pop up! But what do I know? :wink:

Not to mention there are Breast Cancer Support Groups just about at every hospital or clinic, in person one's. Check with ACS too!

Thank you all for your responses. It means so much to me. I am in the process of researching.

After having that doctor tell me out of the blue that my mother was "terminally ill" last week, I'm having palpatations and want data or stories relating to other people like my mom. We're still reeling from the death of Geoff's mom...

Yes--when you type in "breast cancer", "breast cancer support", or any of the key phrases that come to mind--you get 1 million and 1 different sites. However, they are not all helpful, well organized, active--and most importantly, in my mom's case, they seem to have next to no information about people who had breast cancer and then 10+ years later developed another tumor that doctors do NOT think was related to the first tumor (in other words, her second tumor was also a primary).

So--based on the research I have done so far--despite ALL the publicity and funding that goes to breast cancer, I have not yet found a site as informative, user-friendly, and active as this one.

***Yet another reason to express gratitude to Katie and Rick, the Board, and all of the members that make this such an invaluable resource in so many different ways.***

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Love,

Melinda