I wanted to share this

TAnn

How sweet! It made me cry :cry: sounds like you have a wonderful son. He may have a hard time sharing his thoughts about this with you. My brother has distanced his self from my mom and it seems as if he is even angry. He calls and will rarely come over now. He moved out when she got the diagnosis. I think males have a hard time with their emotions

I think this is so hard on our children, probably especially our sons. Our son (21) is trying to just ignore the situation. We even let him get away with it for a long time, but reluctantly, finally made him sit down and listen to what was going on once we really knew ourselves. His girlfriend is the one that asks for updates so I just fill her in and figure she is keeping him updated. For the first time he asked me the other day how his dad was doing and I wasn't really sure what he was asking. I said he was a little tired and then he said he meant how he was doing overall. I guess he is finally realizing it is something he has to admit is real. I hope someday he will be able to express himself so fully and beautifully as your son did. Thanks for sharing with us.

TAnn,

Wow...what a wonderful message he wrote. You know he really loves you when he puts it up as an away message for his friends to see!

I can't image how hard it must be for a teenager watching a parent fight this disease. I was 48 years old when my dad was dx and struggled going to his appointments...not because I didn't care or love him. It was because I did care and loved him so much. It just tore me apart to see someone I loved so dearly have to go through so much. I can tell by what your son wrote that he can't go to your appointments, not because he is to involved in himself, but because he loves his mom so much!

You are so lucky to have a son so caring and he is so very lucky to have a mom like you.

DianeR