CAT Scan Results

CharlieD

Got results of my CAT scan done yesterday. I must say they are a bit confusing, but probably good. The last one on 12/02/04 mentioned mostly stable but a couple areas in the right lung suspicious of possible worsening disease. Todays results talk about the previous suspicious areas not visibly changed from last month. I take this to mean stable. There was however a slight increase in fluid in the right plerual effusion. I didn't see the local ONC today since I'll be handcarrying these results to Roswell Park next Thursday. I guess a case could be made that the 10 days on Tarceva could be responsible in it becoming stable. I'll find out what the experts say next week. It certainly is a possibility and I'm gonna hang my hat on it for now. Any crumb that this beast throws me I'll hold on to for dear life. Any port in this storm, I guess.

Anyway, I'm taking it as good news and am going to have a Manhatten.

Charlie,

Stable sounds good to me. Have you ever had the fluid removed from your pleural effusion? Keep close watch on it, we waited too long to deal with it and the fluid quickly encased my entire right lung. The Denver Catheter was no fun, but it worked....fluid has not come back yet. However due to the amount of fluid I carried around, the bottom portion of my right lung collapsed and still has pockets of fluid that are "trapped".

Hope they give you some options for dealing w/the fluid at your next appointment. Congratulations on Stable!!!

TAnn