Tarceva side affects - round ?

Justakid

Tarceva side affects update.........I don't even know how long it's been...week 3 I think. I am still taking 100mg, and also taking antibiotics with it.

Rash on face not too bad, just look kinda nasty. hands are peeling (not as bad as with 150mg). DRY scalp, it just flakes, don't know what to do for that. Have rash all over my chest and back, not too bad VERY painful. My neck and shouldres are a MESS, looks like 2nd degree burns, red swollen...just raw!

Talked to the doctor today when I got my MRI results and he asked how the rash was, I told him I was still trying to hang in there and give this a real try. He said to hang in there and he'd see me next week. I told him I'd be the one in red! :lol:

None in my mouth anymore, thank goodness!!!!

Beth,

You rash sounds so similar to my mom's. She keeps putting Eucerin cream on her head. She also describes it as painful, more than itchy. She does have a few sores in her mouth and the Dr. prescribed Diflucan. He said it is an overabundance of yeast, which is cased from the chemo. What helped your mouth sores go away?

Lori -

During my treatment I had 5 yeast infections in my mouth, in fact one was so bad that my throat swelled shut and I was hospitalized for 5 days (oh yeah had a fever too). I will say that I have never experienced anything like that before. I too took Diflucan, it usually took 7days to get relief.

When I started the Tarceva and my mouth broke out, I thought it was another yeast infection, wrong, it was the "Tarceva rash" in my mouth, ick. It had to run it's course and I think the antibiotics that I take everyday takes care of it coming back.

Beth,

Aveeno Baby Shampoo and Wash with no additives or perfumes has helped with my dry scalp. It isn't perfect, but it is better. (and yes, it is VERY sore.) The Physician's Formula pancake makeup actually makes my face and neck feel better than if I don't use anything at all. It seems to protect my skin somehow. I'm just accepting that the shoulders and back and chest are going to be very uncomfortable. Have a few spots on my arms and one large area on my leg. So I'm using the Aveeno baby lotion on those areas. I have it inside my mouth now, plus it's all around my mouth and it feels like it's up m nose! :shock: I'm hoping that over time the rash will calm down.

My hands are okay for now, but I've been using something called Gardener's Hand Cream.

Beth,

Like Fay, I also went to the Aveeno products. I'm using the Aveeno body wash for dry skin. I also wash my scalp w/it (since I have no hair) and it makes my skin feel better. I also use Aquaphor on my extremely dry skin on my face, side, and in between my fingers.

Fay, I also get the "bumps" in my nose, I had that w/Iressa too. So far the only place they like to show up on my face is right on the edge of my lips and my chin. The rest of my face is just dry, feels like it's going to crack wide open if I smile!!!

We are on this journey together. I'm so glad we can compare notes.

TAnn