It hits me at weird times

ahhappy

Just when I think.. ok, feeling a bit more in control, something comes along and wham, I'm a bawling mess. My father-in-law made some tactless comment about my husband asking for an early death because he needs to lose some weight. And the tears just came instantly. I cried for about 10 minutes and couldn't stop. What a bizarre out of control feeling that was. I think I freaked him out completely.

It felt good to cry though. Weird timing but good.

Oh well. Just taking each day as it comes. I need to make the transition from just living through these days to living and enjoying each day.

Amy

The time like that a comment really got to me is when I had a headache several months ago, and one of my classmates asked me if it was a tumor - using the Arnold Schwarzenegger voice from Kindergarden Cop. And it totally knocked the wind out of my sails. He was just playing and did it without thinking, but those innocent little jokes can really catch us in the stomach sometimes. You are not alone in that.

Curtis

The songs on the radio are what do it to me. I can be off to a great starting day and then hear a song while driving to work that just brings me to tears. The past four days, I have heard the Diamond Rio song "I Believe" and have totally broken down. We just never seem to know what will set these emotions into high gear!!!

I know what you mean Amy. It hits you so suddenly. I was doing fine today until I started to go through some of my husband's large collection of books. I had a phone call in the middle of this and broke down on the phone. Felt such an idiot, I had to call the person back I hope she understood.

My heart goes out to you and you will be in my thoughts.

Paddy

When you lose someone you love nothing makes sense. Why should the things that bring us to tears make sense? I have heard it said that there are twelve stages of grief but believe me they do not go in numerical order. They skip all over the place and when you think you have seen the last of one it hits you again to remind you that you have a long way to go. When something like that hits you just go with it and spend some time with the good memories. Sometimes that helps a little.

Lil...that was so well said. Nothing makes any rhyme or reason after we lose someone that means the world to us. The stages are truly there but as you said, in no order. Some days we may have one feeling of grief and on the very next day every emotion known to man may roll right in...all at the same minute! I keep thinking I should lose some weight for all the tears I have cried.