I'm still around........

Angie Daughter of Bill

Hello all!! I FINALLY got my computer going yesterday! (It's about time, huh?) I have missed you all sooooo much. I have thought of you all daily.

As for what has been going on.......Dad is doing well. He is tired......really tired. He had his second treatment with Alimta last Friday. He is handling that pretty well. We saw Dad's radiation oncologist today for a follow up on his brain mets. Dr. S. said that with Dad's clinical symptoms(which are very few), he would like to wait a couple of months to do a new MRI of the brain. He said that we would get a better reading of how well the WBR did.

As Pamela told you all, I lost my uncle to small cell lung cancer yesterday. He was scheduled to get his last WBR treatment yesterday. His daughter went to pick him up and found him. His pulmonary artery ruptured. The coroner said that there was absolutely no suffering involved. For that I am thankful. It is still soooo sad though. I thought I was prepared to go to the funeral home last night. I was anything but prepared. And my poor Dad...........eventhough my uncle was an ex-brother in law, they had remained VERY close throughout the years. My Dad had a really rough time. I think the realization that something like that could happen to him was overwhelming. Dad talked about it quite a bit. (which surprised me) Dad is very scared. Until this point, Dad has not shown me his fears eventhough I know that the fear was there before the passing of my uncle.

Let's see.........well, I've had two sick girls that each missed two days of school this week. A hubby who is on the verge of being down in his back. And then there's me.............oooohhhhh.......that list is too long! :wink: All in all, things are good. God is good and I'm very thankful for many things. One being that I have convinced my Dad to take a short trip with me, my hubby and our girls. We are going to Gatlinburg, TN this weekend. I can't remember the last time my Dad has gone on a vacation. I guess it's been 20 years. He wasn't going to go..........but I told him that we would be cancelling the trip. I told him that I was NOT going to leave him alone for the weekend. He immediately decided that he just "couldn't do that to the grandchildren". (I knew those little boogers would come in handy one day!!! :wink: ) So tomorrow I will be leaving and will return on Sunday afternoon. When I get back from the trip, I will be back on the ship here............full steam ahead. Lord only knows that I could use you guys and your wise words right now.

Love to all!!!!

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie

Angie I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. Not sure if you remember, but I had a family friend with an almost identical diagnosis of your uncle a few weeks before your uncle got sick and our friend passed away in the exact same fashion as your uncle, same time frame too. Thankfully there was no s uffering.

Have a wonderful trip!!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

You were missed when you didn't post :)

Hi Angie.

So good to see you on board!

Been missing you and your updates, that is for sure.

So sorry to hear about your uncle's passing. I can easily see how tough that could be on your Dad.

Glad to hear you are getting away. It will be good for everyone. Especially your Dad. What a great thought to get away and take a break from the surroundings of illness. Hope that it is a trip of a lifetime.

All my best to you and all.

Cindi o'h

Angie,

I was so glad to see your post. I am so sorry about your Uncle. I can imagine how that was very hard for you and your dad.

I hope your trip will be a great one and that you can all "get away from it all" for a few days. You deserve a break. I look forward to hearing from you more often now that your computer is fixed. Let us know how you and your dad did on the trip. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Nina

Angie,

I hope the weekend trip was/is Fantastic!!!! Lots of memories still yet to be made!! Sorry to hear about your Uncle, I imagine that was very hard for you and your Dad. Its like a slap of reality right in the face... BUT... your Dad is doing well and lets keep it that way!!!! Love, Sharon

Hi Angie!

I'm so glad to see your post. My condolences on the loss of your uncle. I feel awful for you and all that you have to endure. Please know that I will keep saying prayers that your father continues to find the strength to fight.

I'm sure that your getaway to Gatlinburg will be so much fun. I hope that the weather is great and the skies are clear. There are few things I find more beautiful than those Smoky Mountains. If you're walking thru downtown Gatlinburg and you happen upon an OgleDog (it's a huge corn dog on a stick), have one for me, oh and don't forget some fudge.

See you back on-board soon!

Love,

Hi Angie! As you can see, you have really been missed. I also saw your other thread with the new picture, and I love it. Your dad looks like such a sweet man, and your daughter has learned from her mom how to be a "little stinker", huh? :wink:

I'm so glad your dad is doing better, but very sad to hear about your uncle and that your dad took it so hard. I guess that under the circumstances that would be expected, but I know how much it hurts to see our loved ones hurt.

While you've been away, there have been some members that have posted whose mom or dad have died from lc. These brave people, though, rather than focusing on their own grief, have posted about how they are trying to help their surviving parent deal with the loss of their spouse. Now that's an example of incredible love.

That is you, too, Angie. I've never seen you or met you, but I just bet your entire focus has been on comforting your dad for the loss of his brother, rather than yourself. You're a good kid, Angie. God loves you!

Love,

Peggy