FLU...just me..or anybody else?

cindi o'h

Cindi,

Chuck had the flu....I had something similar without the fever so it was diagnosed bronchitis. Whatever you call it I was sick. Antibiotics seemed to help me (so I guess it really wasn't the flu) but it took me over 3 weeks to get over. Aches, pains, and a cough that was terrible. I hope all of that coughing is what was responsible for my side hurting now. Anyway, I know how it feels to be really sick and I am so sorry it had to happen to you. Check in with the doc from time to time and eat plenty of soup and juices. The we will celebrate you being well with a drink at your new PUB.

Nina

Okay....my turn to chime in. I've been fighting SOMETHING since the middle of January. I was scheduled for surgery on 1/20 which had to be postponed due to what my PCP said was some sort of stomach virus. He didn't say flu.....and I had a flu shot anyway.

Well...now surgery is rescheduled for 2/17 and damned if that bug isn't still rearing it's ugly head.

I have not been nauseated or sick to my stomach....but my stomach feels urpy. If I eat....it takes very little to make me feel full....then not long after, my tummy is growling like I'm hungry!! My appetite is off, for sure....and I sorta hurt all thru my rib cage. Some days, the symptoms are worse than others. But my stomach keeps grumbling and turning over and nothing much seems to settle it.

Some days, I'm so pooped I end up lying in bed snoozing all day...or on the sofa doing the same thing. Other days, I'm better so I get a little something done....if only some knitting.

But this crud, whatever it is, is HANGING ON WAY TOO LONG. I see my PCP again today for pre op clearance....and we'll see if surgery AGAIN gets postponed. I don't want even outpatient surgery, if my stamina is so low I can hardly stay awake some days!!

Aside from the real deal flu.....I think there are a lot of bugs going around out there these days....and one of 'em sure has hold of me! :roll: Go figure....I get thru 6-7 months of chemo and radiation just fine....and some dumb stomach virus does me in! :?

On an up note....my hair is starting to come back in. Bits of fuzz here and there! Yayyyyyy!! By Easter, my head might look like a ducky butt! :wink:

Addie.. sorry you're not doing so hot... get over it, won't you??? And soon!

I talked with my good neighbor this a.m. ... I think I may have gotten what I got from him and theirs.. since they have me over every once in awhile for a home cooked meal. The bug has gone through their house too. And seems to linger. Let's all kick this one back.

And Addie... I wish I could rub that little ducky butt head of yours.. it feels so dang good having hair that decides to grow in again. You should see this head of hair that I have! I have had two hair cuts so far and no matter how crappy others may "think" it looks, I am very proud of just having all this topping. I love it. Bed head, tangled, dirty, fleas and all..it's mine, mine, mine!!!

Do get better.. you and Nina too. I feel better today than yesterday. And I am expecting to feel better tomorrow than I do today.

Cindi o'h

I just wanted to add that we had 5 people sick in our office when I first replied on this thread, but it is increasing rapidy. It's like a fire raging out of control. Some have colds, but most flu w/bad stomach/lower g.i. problems (fever, aching, etc), one out with bronchial pneumonia, one with possible sinus infection. I think we're up to 10 down. We only have 27. WHERE'S MY MASK? WHERE'S MY MASK? :lol::lol:

I sure hope everyone here is starting to feel better.

Love,

Peggy