Clinical Trial is a possibility for me again!!!

cathyr

Wow,

What a rollercoaster ride, but I have some potentially very good news for a change. You may remember I was turned down for the GAVX clincial trial by U.C. Davis because of my pulmonary lung function test. We've (oncs. office and I)have gotten them to reconsider my case. They have decided to re-evaluate me themselves. I now have an appointment with the doctors there on Feb. 16th. I can't tell you excited that makes me. I'm not the kind of person who gives up easily and it just about killed me when I thought they were giving up on me.

I also found another vaccine clinical trial called Intralymphatic Tumor Vaccine in Los Angeles for stage 3B and 4 lung cancers with St. Vincents Medical Center. They can use either your own cells or a cell line that they have refined and treated with interferon. They also use an infusion of the drug that organ donor recipients get. They still have openings for anyone interested. I have an appointment this Thursday with a Dr. Michael Wiseman who is pioneering this trial. I feel very certain I could get into this one. I will keep you all informed.

I can't thank you all enough for your prayers and kind words. It helped me so much to keep positive and to not give up.

Hugs to you All!!!!! :D:D:D

CathyR

I was so happy to read this! I've been thinking of you and praying too! I even went to the CTCA web site to see if they had any clinical trials going on right now, but they didn't. I don't know if a trip to Oklahoma is possible for you or not, but it's an awesome place.

((hugs)) and prayers for ya!