the good, the bad, and the coyote ugly

kimblanchard

Margaret,

I certainly have no words of wisdom, there really are none that I know of at this time. You have struck a chord with so many of us. You have amazing wisdom and generosity of spirit during this tortuous time.

It will not change the ache in your heart but maybe it will give a little solace to know that so many people that you have never met in person, care and think about you and Jim so much.

I wish you peace.

Love,

Hospice Day 9. Just a thank you and an update. I don't think I am anything we all aren't, we are all just dealing with things as we have to. But thank you so much for the encouragement and suggestions. Frank, I think you are right, the disorientation coincided with the new bed and room, I think it was probably coming anyway but all those together made them worse. I thought twice about sharing things like this - but I know it is helpful to me and hopefully helpful to you. This can happen in some situations, best to know the possibility and have a plan, just in case.

Things have settled down. He still has a good bit of disorientation, I think that is just part of the process at this point. He is never alone and he is easily calmed. Things do seem to be winding down. Nurse comes tomorrow, maybe I will understand then just where in the process we are. Even if he is talking strangely, he is still sweet, so take heart in that part. Some here are beating the odds, some are not. This comes to all of us eventually. I hope sharing will ease the path for someone else. It does for me.

I looked in the mirror today and I look like pure de heck. Whoa. At least I have an excuse. I am going to spruce up a bit today, wouldn't want to scare small children.

Margaret

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Margaret,

I, for one, do appreciate the details you have provided. I don't know if I will ever have to face this, but, if I need to know, I will remember every single word that you have shared, as well as others who have done the same.

However, if it is too hard for you, I understand, so don't tell us anything you are not comfortable to talk about. My heart is crying for you, as well as Jim, and you don't need any additional pain.

Love,

Peggy

Margaret,

I, for one, am very grateful that you are sharing your personal experiences with us. I pray that your strength will hold up and that Jim will find peace.

Please know that many, many prayers are being sent your way! We will all get through this together. Believe me when I say you are NOT alone.

Hugs to you doll!

CathyR