This is new for me

Donna D

This is my first time with a message board. I've been at a few reading messages and getting hope for my Mom, but this being her 2nd bout with SCLC in 7 mts., I feel I'm losing hope. It's hard for me to believe that 7 weeks ago, the CAT, And X-rays were clear after her 6 weeks of Radiation. She was following Doc's everything, She played 18 holes of golf, on June 24th, had a check-up and thereit was again, another tumor! A bio was done and it all broke loose!!! She is in sooo much pain...and with all the meds, her mind is gone now too, hearing things, can't walk... eat or anything. She started chemo on the 3rd, and is going today and tomorrow. Can she survive this again...I just don't know. Can I go through it again, I don't know that either. Thanks for listening.

Dona,

I am so sorry you and your mom are going through this for a second time. But I want you to hang in there, and not give up Hope.

There are people on this site who have had reoccurances and have beaten them back into remission.

The fact that your mom is starting chemo, for the first time is also very encouraging. SCLC reacts very well with chemo. There is no rule that limits the number of times the Cancer can be beaten. There are people here that are fighting and winning this battle in every stage.

Also, do not fear because of your mom's mental/physcial state. Know that most of that is due to the medications and not the cancer. The pain will deminish once the chemo starts doing it's job, and the pain meds can then be decreased which will bring back the mom you know and love.

I know how you are feeling, and I understand the incredible weight that you are carrying. It can feel like an unbearable burden that is too much for you to bear. But know that you do not have to carry this burden alone. We are here to help you, offer support, information, and hope. I don't even want to think about where I would be if not for the people here, but they have been so wonderful and loving. They are my new extended family and have been with me during every up and down, every venting rage, and every joyous moment. Please feel welcome to come here whenever you need a boost and renewed hope.

That is the one thing you will find here in abundance... HOPE.... there are inspirational people experiencing miracles and surviving this Horrid disease every day. Your mom can be one of these survivors, you both need to keep that belief in your hearts.

Will be praying for you and mom

Carleen

Dona, welcome to the message board. Yep, you and your mom can go on and fight against this. Many people have second bouts and survive. My wife and I are battling her first bout since last October, and so far, we are winning. She still has pain she has to take meds for. Know that there is much support and caring here. Don

DONA,

CANCER STRIKES WHEN WE LEAST EXPECT IT. ONE CAN BE FEELING GREAT AND GO TO THE DR AND BING, BANG.... BE GLAD IT WAS FOUND AND THAT SHE CAN TAKE CHEMO AGAIN. IN ORDER TO WIN, ONE MUST FIGHT, AND FIGHT WITH ALL ONE'S MIGHT. AS A CAREGIVER, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HELP BECAUSE YOU CARE.

THOSE PAIN MEDS CAN REALLY PLAY HE))))) ON A PERSON'S MIND. SHE WILL GET BETTER BUT IT WILL TAKE A LITTLE TIME AND TIME IS ALL WE HAVE SO HANG IN THERE AND FIGHT WITH HER.....GOD BLESS

Thank you one and all, Reading the responses has helped me know I am not alone in this fight. I guess I needed to vent my frustration with the situation. I just got back from my Mom's, and left her sleeping, finally, peacefully. She will have 1 day off, and chemo again on Wed. Thanks again, I will be here often. Dona

Hey Dona.

I'm willing to bet that each time you visit this message board you will come away from it feeling better; it's a wonderful place. Dona, the human spirit is capable of amazing things -- yes, your mom can survive this again and win, and yes, you can go through it again -- she's your mom!! Talk to the people in the "Caregivers" forum to get a better idea on how to look after yourself as well as your mother. Take care,

David P.

Donna, hang in there. Carleen is right that SCLC is very responsive to chemo. Keep the Faith and never give up. This is a great place to come whenever you are feeling down or as if you need some support. Don't hesitate to let us know what is happening, we are all in this together, none of us is alone. My prayers will be with you and your family.