Conference coming up: Center for Mind Body Medicine

Guest cq

Posted with permission from Ellen Fein:

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 20:22:32 -0500

Subject: Comprehensive Cancer Conference

I wanted to let you know about an exciting cancer conference in April in Washington DC.

This is a unique event in several ways. First, it is the only conference that links conventional cancer care with complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) and examines issues of integration. Sponsored by the Center for Mind Body Medicine (CMBM), it has support and/or sponsorship from the National Cancer Institute, the American Cancer Society and the Susan B. Komen Foundation. For those of you interested in CAM, you will know how extraordinary this collaboration is. Secondly, it brings together providers of many types (including doctors, nurses, social workers, acupuncturists, massage therapists, energy workers) and patients and families to look at cutting edge treatments and research in both the conventional and CAM worlds. The CMBM has an exciting vision of what cancer care can look like both in terms of what treatment protocols are available and how providers see their role with patients and families.

To find out more about the program or to register, you can go to the website www.cmbm.org or call 202 966 7338. You can also volunteer in exchange for a complimentary registration. Early bird registration ends March 7.

I am delighted that I have been invited to present on a panel at the conference about my own healing journey, including my use of yoga and meditation along with high tech medicine (a transplant). It would be

great to see some of you there!

Ellen Fein

widow to Michael Goldfinger MDS/AML dx 5/97, deceased 12/97

AND

dx AML M1 12/00

MUDSCT 11/01 at the Hutch

http://www.geocities.com/ellenfeinwebsite/