Fertility--unrelated to Lung Cancer

Andrea

Hi. If anyone who has gone through artificial insemination would not mind answering a few questions, please PM me.

I am sort of banned from reading medical related issues on the internet anymore by the two men in my life, my husband and my close doctor friend. I apparently obsess and worry about everything and they claim it is not healthy :roll: I am like what, don't normal people feel around their mouth after a sore heals and gets worried if they feel a bump? :P

I still do sneak in searching of course, but shhh, don't tell :D However I did kind of stop reading about pregnancy when I came across an article which said it is child abuse to have a child if you are overweight :shock:

I am replying to myself here just to say how wonderful everyone here is! It is so amazing that people are willing to share their personal stories with me and you can tell that people here truly care even if they don't "know" you.

This website truly provides a wealth of all kinds of information which is nice b/c support can mean so many different things on so many different levels.

Thank you everyone!

OK, it didn't come out right, I admit - it was supposed to be a compliment! I would think Sharon would be the one trying to have a baby, not a grown daughter of hers!! I hope I did better!

Andrea - FORGET ABOUT THOSE WACKOS THAT SAY IT IS CHILD ABUSE TO HAVE A CHILD IF YOU ARE OVERWEIGHT. Trust me, I've heard that, too. IT'S CHILD ABUSE TO HAVE A BABY IF YOU DON'T WANT THE BABY OR YOU DON'T PLAN TO LOVE AND TAKE CARE OF THE BABY.

You will be a wonderful mother. That stuff just makes me mad! Now, I'll admit I sometimes have trouble keeping up with a three year old, but I'm not sure if it's from being overweight, being old (46) or being stressed. Maybe a combo of all three! But you are young and and want a child and you and Brian will be great parents!

Now I'll PM you.

KC

Thanks for all the responses :)

And Karen is right, you do look way too young Sharyn!!

Peggy--adoption has entered my mind and it is a definate possiblity. However I want to try myself first only because I am the "end of the gene line". You see I am unique (well you all already knew that :P )---I am an ONLY child. I have two uncles, neither married. So I am an ONLY niece. And as a result, I am an ONLY grandchild on both sides! So it would be nice to genetically keep the family growing. But we shall see :)