Good Day, Bad Day, Sad Day

ginnyde

Well, I say the good day trumps them all. That should be a big relief. And yes, you will always carry Earl with you; you do not need to be in that house to remember the intimacy of that house.

Sorry about the eagles, though. They had a heck of a season and a heck of a game. Too many bad throws and they could never establish the run. But their whole core will be back next year, so there is no reason to think they won't be in the mix come next year.

Curtis

OOOOOH Ginny,

Sorry about your Eagles and I'm not a football fan, but by the looks of the score, they sure played a competitive game. I can't even begin to feel how you feel about losing your house. One thing I know for sure is that Earl will always be there in your heart. From what you tell us, Earl would also be the first one to toast your new home.

God Bless you Ginny.

sue

Ginny,

Just want to wish you luck that everything goes smoothly with the move to your beautiful new home. Bet that as you pack and move, reminders of so many wonderful moments with Earl will pop up like so many hidden treasures, so that you can savor each one. You are right that Earl is not in one place; he is everywhere you are.

I have to face selling my "home" soon too -- the only one I remember as "home" -- the one I grew up in. My dad couldn't put 2 sticks together to save his neck, but I have the greatest memories of him puttering around trying to keep things together as he worked himself half to death tending patients from 6 or 7 counties all around us.

I'm sorry this move will hurt a bit, but I'm so happy that you have a new place, will be making a new start, and you have your Earl so firmly implanted within your heart and soul that even if you moved into a cardboard box under the interstate, you'd still have that warmth from him.

As to the Eagles, well ... I'm a Cowboy fan, so it didn't really matter to me one way or another. They sure made it a good game though.

Di

The wonderful thing about good memories....is that they come with us. Automatically "packed" in our memories!

Ginny.....think about the next couple to inhabit your house. Think about the love THEY will share there....the meals cooked in the kitchen together, the smiles and laughs shared...the new flowers planted in the garden. May they enjoy even HALF the love and joy you and Earl shared in that house....and perhaps that will take a little of the sting out of leaving the house.

Earl built it.....and filled it with love, in his life with you. He set the standard for that house.....you BOTH did. And so now, you can think about future families in the house enjoying what "you and the Duke built"! 8)

You're going to have such fun decorating the new place, with Earl in your head saying, "No, no....honey....that should go over there!!" :wink:

As for your Eagles.....well, there is always next year....right? :wink:

Ginny,

It is a sad day. The let down after the game was sad. Last November

my mom sold the house that my dad built and I was raised in. It still hurts. My sisters best friend bought it which helps, but it's just not the same. So many life changes in the last yr. S--t happens and I just have to look at it that way. Take care , I know how hard it can be.

Well, I'm a little jealous you sold your house in only nine days, but I am sad that it was something you needed to do.

It took probably six months for Dave and to make the decision to sell our house that we built together. Still not sold! Just want to get it over with!

And I am sad for the Eagles losing, I was sorta rooting for them!

KC

Wow, lots of changes at one time...big changes! I know it will be very hard for you to leave the house that Earl built and the two of you shared such happy memories in. Hopefully, the move will begin a a new chapter in your life. That's what life is all about, changes and new beginnings. I pray that this move will be smooth for you!!! Ginny, Earl will go with you and remain in your heart wherever you go. And...I agree about the Super Bowl. I was really pulling for the Eagles!

Ginny, dear Ginny,

I am glad you have no more intruders at any time of the day, I know that was getting to you. Congratulations on selling so quickly ( says you should have held out for more....)!! Now you can make the transition to the new place and have the move over with. Just cocoon.

About the ball game, well, what can I say? It was a well played game and the score was close. Couldn't tell the winner until 4th quarter....

Not like the wipeout that some of our teams have experienced, not even worth watching.

I missed a lot of the game, but AOL let me watch all the commercials again this morning... lol....

XOXOXOXOX

Prayers, always, my friend

MaryAnn

Ginny, The good day is really good! So quick to sell and for the price you asked. I can imagine since we built our house how that might tear at you, but as everyone else and you yourself said, Earl will go with you.

I think the Eagles did give them a run for their money, hope they do it next year.

Love

Nell

Ginny,

Moving day is so emotional isn't it. Excitement for the new place, sadness for the old, but rest assured that you made the right decision. I wish you all the best in your new home. We carry our memories with us and you will always have yours no matter where you "are".

Best of luck with the move....

TAnn