Surgery Tomorrow

Guest Kristen

Guest Kristen

I would like to ask everyone to say a prayer for my dad. He is going in for surgery tomorrow for NSCLC stage IIB (no spreading). They are not sure if they will remove a lobe or the entire lung. Everyone here has been so helpful and understanding, thank you and please pray for my dad.

Kristen

Hi Kristen,

Yes I will say a prayer for you father. I'm sure his surgery will go fine! I had my left lung removed 7-1/2 years ago. Give your dad my best and tell him to stay positive. This CAN be BEAT, and he has a good chance of beating it!!

God Bless and keep up posted.

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Kristen,

From one Stage IIer to another, a prayer for the best of all possible outcomes is on the wing right now. I had my right lower lobe removed almost exactly one year ago (Feb. 21) and so far all is going well, so take heart for your dad's situation.

Hi Kristen;

Your Dad will absolutely be in my prayers tomorrow; Reminds me of where I was almost 2 years ago. Be grateful his cancer was caught early and know you are not alone.

God Bless you and your dad & be well

Bobmc

NSCLC - stage IIB, left pneumonectomy 5/2/01

absolutely insist on enjoying life!

Guest Kristen

Hello everyone,

My dad's surgery went very well (NSCLC Stage IIB). They removed the entire lung, but lymphnodes are clear and they say they got it early enough and got it all. He is sore but doing very well (above average) in recovery. Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers, this site and every one of you have been so helpful. One of the best things about this whole ordeal is finding all of you. Thank you again, I'll keep you posted. All of my thoughts and prayers are with you all and your loved ones.

Thank you,

Kristen

Hey Kristen,

That's really great news. I'm happy for both you and your dad. Tell em welcome to the 1-lunger club; from 1 -lung Bob and remember we live close by so if he needs anything, call or e-mail me.

The recovery's a bit slow, but it is recovery now; tell em to take the pain meds. when your suppose to, use the ox. at home if they give it to him, works good at night for sleeping, keep the pillow under the left arm, squeeze when coughing, get plentyof rest but keep trying to exercise and most important of all remember each and every day that your a survivor.

Good to be alive today!!; thanks very much for the update

God Bless & be well

Bobmc - NSCLC- stage IIB, left pneumonectomy 5/2/01

Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!

• 2 weeks later...

Hay Kristen,

8 months ago I was told I had stage IIb nsclc. They were hoping to just remove the lower lobe of my left lung but they had to remove the whole thing. Today I feel great!!!! Stay close to this board and you will get all the support you will need. your dad is going to go through more emotional feelings then anything. Just be there to let him know its going to be ok. When I found out that I had nsclc stage IIB I thought my life was over. (BOY WAS I WRONG) Now I think back and feel how Lucky I was. I was given a book about Lance Armstrong and there was one statement that realy stuck with me. He said getting cancer was the best thing that ever happened to him. Sounds silly huh I thought so untill you see how much you stop to smell the roses and start seeing what is really important in your life.

Good luck to your father and god bless you all.

RAY A