Volunteering in palliative care?

Anais

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if some of you have the desire to volunteer in a palliative care hospice after losing someone of LC?

Personally, since my mother entered palliative care, I really enjoyed the team of caregivers, Drs, nurses and I would like to help too...

Anaïs

This as well as just being a care giver to someone with lung cancer is exactly what i want to do. I think that it takes someone special who understands what this about.

My plans are to start school in august to become a lvn and maybe later a rn, with my focus on onocolgy.

Goodluck and god bless

Kim

Interesting Kimmek !! How old are you?

It's a bit too late to change my studies plans. I'm 24 and doing my M.A. in linguistics. But if I new in the past it was so stimulating taking care of palliative patients, I've probably chosen something else...

Anaïs

Nell~

Yes the hospice I told you about is the one I volunteered at. They have a wonderful volunteer network and lots of jobs, working directly with patients or with other things. They have a crafters group that makes things for the patients rooms or trays, and things to sell at craft fairs for fundraising. They also have a groups that do phone work, office help, gardening, etc. They sponser a kids camp and have support groups for families. They have something for everyone.