It's BAD

Justakid

Dear Beth,

I'm still pretty new to this site but so many times when I've posted even puny concerns, you've been there to help. In June the Dr. gave me 2 mos. without treatment. I'm still here & now the Dr. gives me 6 mos. without new treatment. Hang in there sweetie! They are guestimates & I for one have a very important mission to accomplish before I go anywhere. When that mission is accomplished, I'm sure I will find another goal that I can't leave without accomplishing. I think this is my way of tricking myself into going on. The doctors are all amazed that I am still walking, taking care of the bills on my own & still persuing a lawsuit with my previous employer. I go to trial & coherently testify no matter how I feel, they will NEVER know the condition I'm in. I refuse to give them the satisfaction! While I have gone to my lawyer & had power of attorney set up so that if I can't continue on my own, my husband can finish the trial for me. That's just not going to happen. I'm not concerned about the money involved in the lawsuit although it is substantial. It's a matter of standing up for what is right.

Find something deep inside yourself that you feel that strongly about & you'll be surprised at what you can do. Sure there are days when I have a pity party for myself but you along with many others on this site help me to pick myself up by my boot straps & remember that I can do this & that I'm not alone.

My prayers are with you!

Melanie

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay my friend, This news sucks big time... I agree with you...

But... Daddy was diagnosed Stage IV and lived almost 4 years AND... a BIG AND.... they said his lungs were clear when he died... most likely died as a result of the brain tumor and esophogus cancer (new primary).... They did not list lung cancer as his cause of death. So, that being said, and the fact that your brain MRI is clean I say Bull_____ to stats and you are going to kick butt and win this battle. You are young, you are strong and in the words of my dear Dad "Those doctors don't know what the heck they are talking about". So, today you can get pissed, yell, scream, whatever you need to do, but TOMORROW you have to pick yourself up and stare this damn thing in the eye and say "NOT ME" "YOU WILL NOT TAKE ME". I am praying for your strength...

Beth

Your post was such a shock

Please know that I will pray for you and your family

I do know this crap can fool you and go away or at least disappear for awhile.

I sit here at a loss for words, I can't imagine what you are going through. I agree that you need to take a few days and sleep or do whatever you need to do and then hopefully have the strength to kick bu__.

I hate this horrible stuff :evil:

Kathy

Beth,

I'm sorry, I just read this and I just have no words. (Tears, but no words.) I'm sure you've written more since this post, so I'll keep reading. I'm guessing that by now you've come out with your gloves on. Keep those boxing gloves on, and know that I'm rootin' for you big time.

BeckyCW

((((((((((((((((((BETH)))))))))))))))))))))))))

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!

Ask ME!! I hit the 4 year mark THIS month!!!

I did 9 mos of chemo in

2001 and had a 1 year remission!!

Feb 2003 it came back AGAIN!!

I did 6 weeks of radiation

and 6 mos of chemo. Aug.

2003 was my last treatment.

I AM STILL HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to take all the xanax you can for the next few days!!

I did the first week in 2001 when I was

diagnosed-it DID get me thru those first few days.

SMILE-think about this!!

They FOUND the cancer at a point when you CAN get treatment.

We love you!! You will do well. I KNOW this!!

Tell your mom she is great! She sounds like a great one!

PM me if you need-Love Cindy

Beth -

God, I hate this disease. I cannot imagine the feelings that you are experiencing but they too are part of the process. Get through the next couple days, gather your strength and let's step foward together in this battle. We are all here for you.

As far as work, you may want to consider FLMA and/or short term disability until you see what the treatment is like. It leaves some doors open for you.

There are many examples of Stage IV people on this site who are doing quite well such as myself and Lucie, Tann, stand4hope, jimben, Fay A., David G. to name a few.

My attitude is that is that I absolutely refuse to give this disease any more days than it many take from my life plus I have that 8 year old that I want to wake every morning with an "I love you!"

My prayers and support are with you and your family.

Beth, I see you already got a lot of good advice. I can't add to any of it. I just wanted to say that I am praying for you and I'm glad you are not quitting because there's a lot of treatments/trials out there now and more on the way. Buying time is like buying a cure. I feel we are really close to treating cancer as a chronic disease that can be lived with.

Love,

Alisa

Dear Beth:

There's an old saying that it is always darkest before the dawn! I know right now you must feel down, but tomorrow is another day and a new dawn can begin for you too. I think you should get another opinion and seek whatever treatments are available. We are all praying for you to find and get good treatment so you can go into remission. We are your extended lung cancer family, so come here, tell us what's going on, and we all pull together for each other.

Barb