Well it ain't JUST pancreatitis either...the cancer is back

Addie

Talk about knock me over with a feather. All this stomach distress may be related to the pancreatitis....but it's because I have mets in my liver, pancreas and spleen.

The good news is that my onc says if the cells are this "active" they should respond well to chemo. Maybe buy me some good remission time. A cure now, though....is out of the question.

I'll have a biopsy on Tuesday and then likely start chemo asap, altho he didn't say what the chemo might be. He'll wait for the biopsy results...but this all looks like mets, not a new primary.

After a clean scan on Jan. 3rd, and a clean ultra sound two days ago..I really was NOT anticipating any of this to be cancer....despite not feeling very well for the past month. But according to the head radiologist, none of this would have shown up on a scan or U/S.

It DID show up on the MRCP I had today, which is an MRI of that area of the gut. There are....several lesions in my liver he said. :(

I'm still absorbing this. I'll fight....but this just wasn't what I expected. The onc says he figures a few cells escaped the chemo and made their way to the liver, etc. via the bloodstream.

Please...if you've got a few good wishes to spare...I could use them. Of course, you know you all have mine. I know I'm not the only one with bad news lately. It's a lousy trend, I must say.

Oh sssssssshhhhhhhhcrap.

doggonit Addie. Now you and Beth!

I am so sorry to hear about this. Back to the drawing board.

What can WE do to help you?

Hang in there. And do the antianxiety thing for today and tomorrow if you can. And when you are ready, I think I will set up for some cryin' in the beer. That's what I am feelin' like anyway.

Please keep in touch and let us know how we can support you.

cindi o'h

Addie,

This was not what I was expecting to hear from you. I am sorry to hear of the progression. I've never heard that cancer responds better when it's "active". Hmmm.....

Prayers sent for your continued strength and hoping for positive results from the chemo. I'm so sorry you have to go through this again :cry:

TAnn

Hi Addie,

Damn I am so sorry about your distressing news. It must have been quite a shock as you had some clean ultra sounds, scans ang then bang... what a blow.

You keep fighting girl, as this too will pass. Remember we are here for you and you are in my prayers.

Maryanne

Addie, Addie, Addie. Oh my.

I think we need to reach our inner Buffy and slay this beast. Grrrrr.

I'm sure you're in shock, and so am I. What a slap in the face, huh?

You're a fighter. I know you'll give it your best shot and then some. And then more if necessary.

We're with ya, doll face. Ya know that, huh?

Sending lots of hugs and kisses your way.

Di

Addie,

It's okay if you aren't cured, as long as your remission lasts for 50 years!

Break out the chemo cowboys, round up those damn fugitives and get on with the rodeo!

Dammit, dammit, dammit! Meet ya at the bar, I'll get this round - vodka and cocoa puffs for breakfast after an all night bender, right?

Love ya, Addie....and when we're finished with the tears in the beers, we'll get on that horse (cuz ain't neither one of us is driving) and take these monsters out!

xxoo,

Becky