Hi I'm Greg, Melanies husband....

MelanieLR

Just wanted to learn how to get on line so I can thank you for all the help everyone has given to us. If we can be of help just let us know. I'll let you know if it's me instead of Melanie on line. I'm a rookie at a computer so bear with me. I'm a very scared spouse!!!!!!! Talk at you later.

Greg

Hi Greg and Welcome.

I too am a caregiver for my Gram who is stage IV. She has chosen no treatment and we are getting hospice care which has been extremely helpful. You may want to post in the caregiver section as there are many people here that can relate to the roller coaster of emotions you are going thru. Please feel free to pm me if you have any ranting or venting crying or screaming you would like to do privately. Take care Greg and KEEP POSTING.

Hi Greg, and welcome to our support family.There are a lot of knowing and caring people here.No matter what comes up there are usually some here that have been there and done it.

I was initially staged 3 but after having 1 lung removed & the cancer sperad to the other lung I THINK (not sure) that automatically makes stage 4.If this is incorrect someone please let me know.

Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that there are a lot of us doing ok.Don't let statistics fool you.

Welcome to the "family", Greg,

My husband is stage IV nsclc, as well. It's a real emotional roller coaster to watch our loved ones fight this disease, but we are all in this together. It really helps to have people you can lean on, ask questions of , laugh with or cry with. We are all here for each other and we welcome you . Let us know if we can help.

sue

Hi Greg,

Sorry you guys had to find us. But, this is a group full of information and inspiration. I was diagnosed Stage llB over 3 1/2 years ago. It went to stage IV Dec. 2003. So, I've been doing okay for 14 months or so since the new staging. My advice to you is to not be afraid to get 2nd opinions and to check into clinical trials.

Please visit this site often and allow us to help.

Hugs to you,

CathyR

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the board. I am also a caregiver, my husband was dx. on Oct. but thank G-d he was stage 1B, but he has had a lot of complications since the operation, which he is finally getting through them.

Everyone here has been so supportive of me, and has helped so much through this difficult time of adjustment.

Keep coming and reading all the posts of all the brave souls who are beating the odds everyday.

We are here to help you when you have questions, doubts, good news etc.

take care

Maryanne

Hello this is Greg. I want to thank everyone that responded to my call for help. I knew that there where people out there who cared but I was suprised at how many. One day I,ll try to reach each and everyone of you, but until then I,ll talk to everyone as a group.

2--12-05

My name is Greg

I was awakend by a beautiful kiss from an Angel. As I opened my sleeping eyes my kissing Angel was my wife.

The night before we were talking about how bad she has been feeling and how scared things were turning bad. We talked about things as we do,but the reality that the end may be sooner than we wanted was in the air. We hugged and cried. I gave her nightly foot and leg massage had a Zima and went to our beds.(I'm a very disfuntional sleeper). But Melanie woke me with that kiss I knew she was thinking how many more can I give.

Today I went about my chores and stopped at the American Legion for a beverage or two,my wife lets me have some me time (she knows it is hard for me). When I got home we talked some more and we both know that no matter how much time is left, we have to live every day as a normal day and do every thing we can do together. With new friends like you we will make it through and "SURVIVE". God bless each and everyone of you

Love,

Greg (Redbud).

Hi Greg,

Thank you for sharing, that is beautiful. You are both very special people and I along with everyone else, can feel the love you two share. That is so precious and uplifting.

I don't know what else to say, I am overwhelmed...

Take care you two.... you are truly blessed to have each other. So glad you came to us Greg, to share your feelings.

Maryanne

Welcome aboard Greg. I, too, am a spouse/best friend/caregiver (all that good stuff) to a lung cancer survivor. We are 9 months out from my husband's diagnosis of Stage IV and things are looking good. The best thing I did after the initial shock wore off...was log onto this site and join in. On your good days, we will celebrate with you and on your bad days, we will be there to give you support and lend a shoulder. Glad to have you around!