new and scared

cyndy41

I just found out last week that I have lung cancer (they say it is a small tumor) that has metastisized to the brain (several small tumors) - found it there first. This site has been the only place I've found any hope but I find that hope comes and goes.

I will be going for more tests this week coming up to determine what kind of lung cancer I have and to see if it has spread anywhere else.

Any positive feed back would be great as I am trying to be as positive as possible.

You are an amazing group of people and I'm hoping you'll all rub off on me!

Hi Cyndy and WELCOME!

Believe me, you definitely did come to the right place. This is the place you will find hope and lots of it.

Please take a minute and read my husband's profile below. His cancer was also discovered with brain mets (8 of the them). That was 18 mos. ago, and he is doing well and even working full time, 10 hour days.

We've had some rough spots and still expect more in the future, but it is a fight worth fighting. New treatments are coming out constantly to fight this beast, and many of them are working really, really well.

Stay in touch with us. We are here to help you any way that we can, and you will find that you, too, will be a big help to others as well.

God bless you,

Peggy

If you need a place to find some HOPE, this is it... At least I have found that to be the case--not to mention, there are all these people who gird up for war and fight WITH you here. Pretty neat. :)

I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this diagnosis... but don't lose HOPE. Like Peggy said, this is a fight worth fighting!

((((hugs)))) and prayers to you!

Hi Cyndy,

Welcome to this group of survivors and loves of survivors.

You are not alone, dear, when you say that you are scared. I remember that feeling all too well. It will come and go especially at first, but the more you discover about your situation, the more knowledge you glean, the less fear that you will have, I guarantee you.

No matter what stage you are when you start your treatment, there is hope for knocking this cancer on its tushie. We are a brave group of folks who are willing to go the extra mile with you. This is going to be a tough battle and you will need all of the fighting friends you can muster.

Please come back and let us know how we can help you!

Cindi o'h

Hi Cyndy

So sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with lung cancer, but very glad that you managed to find this site so quickly!!

The early days after diagnosis are such a scary time - I remember it only too well - my Mum was diagnosed with stage IV 18 months ago. But I am happy to report that she continues to do brilliantly well. She has just completed 10 sessions of whole brain radiation to treat 4 brain mets, and she sailed through the treatment with no problems.

You will find many people living well with this disease, and there are new treatments coming out all the time. Keep the faith!!!

Karen

Cyndy, welcome to our support family.You will find lots of knowing and caring people here.In my opinion the very beginning of this is about the worst part. Soon as you get more tests and know exactly what it is your going to be fighting then you & your drs. can form a plan & start fighting it.

Hang in there,many people here on this board are doing ok.You will be ok too.

Cyndy

I can't be much of a cheerleader right now, I found out my cancer returned this past Thursday. Please read everyone's bio at the end of their signatures. Miraculous things have happened to people here.

Hang in there (I will too as round two begins), If you need to talk PM me. I'm always here!

Hi Cyndy,

So sorry you had to come to this place. But you have picked the best bunch of people for knowledge and support.

One thing that is very important, do not get hung up on statistics, as you will see by so many posts that people beat the odds everyday.

You must have a positive attitude and know that you can beat this!! Attitude and belief is a very important on your road to recovery.

Hang in there and good luck.

Keep us posted.

Maryanne

Cyndy,

Maryanne said it....don't get hung up on statistics, they don't mean anything. Welcome to this site, I'm sure you will learn alot and have alot to teach us. Please come back and keep us posted on your fight.

Welcome Cyndy,

Spend as much time as you can reading here . I think you will find plenty of hope and useful information. Every case of cancer is different, but there are so many ways of treating it these days. As you learn more about your case and a plan of treatment is in place for you, you will begin to gain the courage you need to fight this. Just know that we are here for you in the meantime and even though we are sorry you have to be here, we are happy to welcome you as one of the family. :)

Sue

Welcome Cyndy,

Sorry you had the need to find us. I remember the scary part sooo

well. It will pass and you will then get mad and start to fight. Where do

you hale from and what hospital are you going to? Take care!

Hi Cyndy,

Welcome to this site. There are very informative and inspirational people here to help you in your fight.

I've been fighting this for 3 1/2 years now. Tomorrow I begin a clinical trial. There are always new things around the corner.

The best advice I can give you right now is to become as knowledgable as you can and if possible have a medical advocate with you when going in for important test or appointments. It always helps to have somebody else listening so that you hear everything. Sometimes it can get pretty emotional so it's good to have company with you.

What area of the country are you in? We're scattered all over the world! Please keep in touch and come here often.

Hugs to you,

CathyR

hi,

shocking news can really set one back. we have to keep our perspective and what i find helpful is to try to back away a little bit and watch myself and to try to follow my feelings back to see where they are coming from.

it is important to have a clear head when you reach difficult times. i hope you have someone to help steady you and, maybe, to go to medical appointments with you to help get the most useful information.

best of luck on any treatment plan you work up.

love, ken

Cyndy,

The first week or so are very hard. Until you know exactly what you are dealing with you don't know what to do about it. As soon as your tests are over and you get a cell type etc. then treatments can start. There are so many of us out here that have done fairly well. I will add you to my prayer list and will look for your future posts to see how you are doing and what you find out.

Nina