Update.........lots of things going on

Angie Daughter of Bill

Oh Angie,

This is not the news you wanted to hear. I am so sorry that things have progressed to this point. Like someone said, be with him. No matter how long or little time is left, enjoy the time you have right now. I hope the treatment will make him more comfortable and maybe turn things around for a while. This is hard. When I was told my Dad was in heart failure, I went into denial. He lived for 2 years longer but I was NOT prepared and you won't be either. So if I were you, I would not try to be prepared. I would spend my energy just being with him. Making him comfortable and laughing every chance you get with him. I see I am rambling and I am sorry. I pray for you at least once each day and you are in my thoughts. Let me know if I can help.

Nina

Angie, I am so sorry for what you are facing. Your dad is very brave and is a real fighter. Stand by him and he certainly knows how much you and your family love him. I also understand the road ahead is rough, but keep the faith and enjoy every moment that you have. You are very lucky to live with him.

Angie,

Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you during this especially difficult time. I just don't know what else to say and I know that there are no words that will really make you feel better. Just please know that so many others are with you.

Love,

Angie,

Like everyone else, I'm devastated by your news. And, like everyone else, I'll cling to the hope that maybe, just maybe, the alimta will help. All you can do, as everyone else has said, is stay as close as you can to him and make the time you do have count.

I lost my father suddenly, to a heart attack, and it took me years to come to terms with that. My mother lived on for many years and died at the age of 95, and I even had difficulty dealing with that, even though I knew it was best for her. Rationality doesn't really come into the picture at times like this. So all you can do is do your very best and try to spend your time with him in a way that won't fill you with regret later. You're fortunate, indeed, that he is living with you. I still regret the fact that I had seen my father so seldom in the last year or two of his life -- we were in different cities and I was tied down with a one-year-old but still -- if I had only known, I would have done it differently.

Praying for you and your family,

Ellen