Stage 4 treatment #1

Justakid

Well had chemo today. Went soomthly, no viens collapsed, nurses were great. Toted my chemo bag and pole down the hall to see the doctor while I was getting it. He checked me out and gave me more acid reflux meds, he is starting to have the pharmcey write on the bottle what each thing is for since I have so many drugs, that was helpful.

Alone with my son, Mom went to get her PJ's to spend the night (like she always does for chemo night) and my husband is out buyng nutty buddys my ice cream of choice (currently).

My doc high recommends the Xanax which is nice cause the last one always looked at me like I was crazy. And he's not using it to keep me in control, it's my Mom that he has to please cause she will take his head off. She said she isn't messing around with anyone this time. No more Mr. nice guy.

Going to watch FoodTV and take it easy while the steriods rush through my viens and make me a monster!!!!!

It's gonna work, it's gonna work, it's gonna work, it's gona work!

Beth,

So glad to hear your first chemo went good. Sounds like you are in good spirits and that's a good sign. Thank goodness you have your mom to help you. Hoping that the worst of your side effects is feeling a little tired, and the best that there are NO side effects!

Take a nice nap and enjoy your nutty buddy!

TAnn

Beth,

So glad first treatment is over! What is your schedule? WHen is next treatment? And when is rescanning?

I hope for fungus. I am going to eat mushroom pizza on Fri in hopes of fungus for you :) (I think mushrooms are fungusy, or am I making that up, not sure).

Beth,

ok,

1)jealous cause I am chubby and can't eat ice cream

2) your ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY right that its gonna work.

feel those nasty friggers dying as you read this. hear them screaming argghhhh were dying, were dying.

and look in the mirror, open you mouth, point and say (as best you can with your mouth open) thats right you bastards I hope it hurts real good cause your NOT gonna get me.

then laugh like this

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

again as best you can with you mouth still open and pointing at them

Right on Beth!!!!! Wasn't the short duration of the chemo infusion great? Still no major side effects, just fatigue and a bit of nausea. The Zofran seems to be keeping it pretty much in check. It took a couple days for the steriods to wear off and then the fatigue and mild nausea showed up. No rash yet or other discomforts. Hope it works the same for you and that it freakin works!!! Take care and God Bless. Keep us informed.

CharlieD

Keep that attitude, Beth!!! IT'S GONNA WORK. You know, the fact that this first chemo went well just may bode well for all of it.....a sign...an omen. IT'S GONNA WORK!

And I'm going to beat my liver and pancreas into submission with chemo too....so we'll fight together, eating Nutty Buddies together (how did you know they are MY favs too? :wink: ) and chanting the mantra....IT'S GONNA WORK!!

Thinking of you....

Well, Beth - one down! Thanks for the update. It's good to hear from you often.

Nutty Buddies. What a great idea! I consume massive quantities of popsicles, but that would sure be a great break! Yummy.

I'll imagine Buffy the Vampire Slayer going after the bad, mean cells for ya! She really kicks butt, yanno!

Di

Beth:

So lad to hear you talking or should i say posting like your old self!! And you are so right this IS GONNA WORK. Like someone said just the fact that you went thru the treatment today with no complications is enough to get me believing this is IT!!

Enjoy those Nutty Buddy's, your gonna have the entire board running out to the store tonight for Nutty Buddy's.

God Bless you and your family

Kim

Dear Beth,

It's great to hear your treatment went well. I was surprised to read about the Nutty Buddys - I went crazy for them while I was on chemo. Now, I've got a stockpile of them & I could care less. I also have so many pills, I write on the labels what they're for (my Dr. isn't as accomidating as yours). I was going crazy trying to teach my husband how to fill my gigantic pill caddy & finally gave up. Hopefully if I ever get to the point where I can't fill it myself, hospice will do it for him.

You keep that great attitude!

Hugs & prayers,

Melanie