I've been told to stop whining by PM

Justakid

Beth,

Hang in there and NEVER quit whining to us! That is exactly what we are all here for, that is what support is all about. I can't imagine what anyone was thinking when sending you that message, but I wouldn't waste another moment trying to understand, we've got better things to do!

Love to you and your WONDERFUL family!

Beth,

I've sent a "nice" pm, the only kind that you deserve to receive. I don't think I've heard you "whine" once. You've had too, too much to deal with and I think you're doing a great job of not loosing your mind. Many others would envy the strength you've had during your fight!!!

Janet

The board seems split on the intentions of the "PM'er" I must agree that the choice of words was pretty bad, but I truely feel that the PM'er was trying to help and be supportive. Words are mightier than the sword and misspoken extremely sharp!!!!

We've all said things in ways we wish we had not....know I have and am sure I will again.

:D

jim

I hope to take it the best way, someone trying to shock you, to help you. But of course that wasn't what you needed or what you got. Disregard, it does not apply to you at all. You've been so brave and still are.

I have some compassion for the writer, too, I think this person must really be having a hard time.

Margaret

Thanks everyone.

After I took care of some uncomfortable issues today, like advanced directive and power-of-atty. I though long and hard about that PM. This is the kind of information/lecture/advise that you give someone you have known for a long time.

I might accept this from David C and Karen or Cindi O'h who have known me a while. Without knowing someone it is difficult to convey "hard love". One of my co-workers who's husband has terminal colon cancer (Mike - I have talked about him before), she is a very honest and open person and would smack me if she felt it appropriate. So far I have not gotten any type of responses from her such as this., and we have known each other 13yrs.

Seems like the board is divided as to if the intention was good or bad. I choose to ignore it and move on and continue to post as I always have. If I felt I should discuss any of this with my family I wouldn't be on this support board.

Thank you for your support!!!!!

Hey sweetie, you are so on the mark with your last thoughts!

I am reminded of the time, years ago, when I asked someone when she was going to have a baby. Didn't know she had been suffering from infertility. Years later, when I suffered through secondary infertility, well, I learned a big lesson.

I stand in awe of your courage through these last few weeks. And I am so grateful that you shared with us, when it was easy to hide. And yes, we are the place to vent. Your children need their mother--we can be the safe place for you to fall.

gail

Beth - Hated to see what the PM issue did to you for a short while. I think you were right on the mark to choose to ignore it and move on. It didn't appear that there were any intentions to do you harm, but rather to rally you back into action. In any case, that is what you have done as I was sure you were going to.

It doesn't sound like Alimta is treating you any better than the other treatments. Sorry to see that but you sound determined to press on. I'm in my 8th day after treatment and am doing well. The main thing is fatigue, not unlike the other Chemo Treatments I have had. I take a couple naps everyday but feel fine. Had some naseua on day 3 but got some zofran and that took care of it. Started getting a slight rash today but nothing like the Tarceva rash. This isn't itchy and is mostly on my back and chest. The thing that is encouraging right now is that my breathing seems a lot easier and the shortness of breath seems to be getting better. The Doc told me to look for these symptoms which means that it is working. I hope that I am not just imagining these things like wishful thinking. We'll see. Anyway Beth, hang tough as always. Your fight and determination has been an inspiration to a lot of us. Hang tough and God Bless. (I know who needs Bi*** Slapped and it's not you)

CharlieD

Beth,

I just want to tell you how brave I think you are. As a mother who watched and nursed a grown daughter through a severe reaction to Penicillin, and saw all the things her system went through afterward, I think you're incredibly brave to try any drugs, knowing how many bad reactions you've had! You're placing a lot of confidence in your doctors to be able to reverse any reactions. And they're coming through for you! Yay!

My daughter tried one replacement for the Penicillin; reacted mildly to that, and now refuses any antibiotics and any other meds that she can possibly do without. Having your throat close on you is no small matter! Not to mention all the other reactions you've had.

Of course I know you have to choose from a small number of options, and I can see that going down without a fight isn't in your makeup.

You're doing everything you can to fight this disease and raise your kids, and I for one am very proud of you. Your sense of humor always brings me a smille.

As for the PMer, you now know the name. If you get another PM, I'd open one to read the apology that I'm sure hoping they will send you -- if the first words aren't "I'm sorry", hit the delete key and use it anytime that name shows again in your PM box! Regardless what they intended, they hurt you and you don't need anymore of that.

(((Hugs))) Beth. Keep on fighting!

Hi Beth,

If that person really did mean to slap bi--- you back to reality, then he or she really should have had more compassion for your feelings.

I am so sorry,you did not need that on top of everything else right now. You are fighting we all know that because that is who you are. You are a survivor, most of you are here.

Anyone of us including PM (if that person was in your shoes) would initially be as upset or even more upset than you were when they are fighting for their life, doing all those grauling treatments and thinking you are doing well, then boom, here you go again, da--.

Its devestating, and Beth, you handled it so exceptionally well considering the shocking news. I know I could not handle it half as much as you. We are only human. We as human beings all have feelings inside . I dont' care who you are those feelings at first, is misbelief, lashing out , remorse along with so many other feelings. But then you pick yourself up, brush yourself off put on those boxing gloves and come out fighting.

But that is what you did. Please know that this person, (who may have meant to shock you back into fighting), apparantly, did not read all your posts. As you have been in that ring fighting for awhile now.

Don't let one person make you lose a nights sleep. There are too many in your life who care and pray for you. That should make you sleep well at night.

Good night my online friend... rest easy you are not alone.

Maryanne

Hi Beth,

If that person really did mean to slap bi--- you back to reality, then he or she really should have had more compassion for your feelings.

I am so sorry,you did not need that on top of everything else right now. You are fighting we all know that because that is who you are. You are a survivor, most of you are here.

Anyone of us including PM (if that person was in your shoes) would initially be as upset or even more upset than you were when they are fighting for their life, going through all those grauling treatments and thinking you are doing well, then boom, here you go again, da-- to put it mildly.

Its devestating, and Beth, you handled it so exceptionally well considering the shocking news. I know I could not handle it half as well as you. We are only human. We as human beings all have feelings inside . I don't care who you are those feelings at first, is misbelief, lashing out , remorse along with so many other feelings. But then you pick yourself up, brush yourself off put on those boxing gloves and come out fighting.

But that is what you are doing. Please know that this person, (who may have meant to shock you back into fighting), apparantly, did not read all your posts. As you have been in that ring fighting for awhile now.

Don't let one person make you lose a nights sleep. There are too many in your life who care and pray for you. That sould make you sleep well at night.

Good night my online friend.... rest easy you are not alone.

Maryanne

Seems to me the PMer doesn't have a clue about what this forum is all about.

You are supposed to come here to share good news or bad news, to laugh or to cry, let off steam and ask for emotional help when you need it and offer it when you can. This is the only place for many people to say how they really feel, many family members don't or won't deal with it.

From what I've read of your posts they mostly consist of trying to help people with some humor thrown in, I enjoy your posts.

I'm hoping you can toss that PMer out of your mind, we're all here with this horrible disease in common and we're all going to have up times and down times.

Kathy

Glad to see your post about ignoring the misguided pm and moving on...far more important issues that require your precious store of energy, as you have indicated.

For my part, go ahead and whine, vent, celebrate, cry, laugh, hug all you want...we can only do those things while we are still breathing and that is what this board is for IMO. If I start reading something and it doesn't sit right with me at the moment for whatever reason, I CHOOSE to stop reading and move on to another message.

Wishing you the best.