it's A Pity Party and You're ALL invited!!!

Fay A.

I decided not to do this one alone. The tummy trouble and gastric bleeding mean I'm off Tarceva for a few days, so I thought I would spend the time having a Pity Party. For entertainment I'll be playing both the Celtic War Drum and the Recorder with the help of my supplemental oxygen, and I'll be singing Old English Drinking songs, again with the help of supplemental oxygen, while on my knees at the base of the Porcelain Pedestal. There won't be any food served, because I can't hold anything down, but that's okay. Past chemo and steroids have left me a real fatty, and this may be one way to lose the extra tonnage. The good news is that the Oncologist said "You are the most cancer free that you have been in a very long time.", and that means a lot in my little world. I'm going through another Upper GI with SB follow through early next week, and maybe we can make the bleeding stop. This falls under Quality of Life, I guess....all I know is I hope we can get it under control so I can remain on Tarceva. Tarceva keeps my Cancer at bay.

My Pity Party already began, and will end at 7 AM, sharp, on Monday morning. There is nothing in the world wrong with feeling a whole lot sorry for oneself, as long as it doesn't go on too long, and as long as you still consider the feelings of others.

And the only B-Slapping allowed will be the sound of hands as they hit the Bodhran. HUZZAH!

I'd like to come to your pity party. I think it's such an ugly trait to feel victimized and sorry for oneself, but if I can confine it to one week-end, I would love to join. My cancer has spread bigtime in the past 4 months with numerous, sizeable nodules in both lungs. Is it scary? Yes it is, but I have a choice of which way to face it. I chose to fight without feeling sorry, but just for this one week-end, I would like to say "I don't deserve this and I hurt!."

There! I said it. How am I doing? I'll bring the Matzo Ball soup. It's some good ole Jewish penicillin and nobody's allergic to that!

Hugs,

CathyR

Cathyr, at my Pity Party everyone can say "I hurt and don't deserve this." You are definitely allowed. I'm saying it, too. And it is only for the next few days. Because come Monday morning, everyone present will have to put on their battle gear and re-engage the enemy.

Shelly, my GI stuff is scheduled for Monday morning. I have to be over feeling sorry for myself in order to make myself show up for the tests. They're bad enough to go through when the body is working within the realm of normal. But try having them done when things are not working well. Yuck. Besides, I have a three day limit for feeling sorry for me. I can't stand me like that for more than 72 hours. :wink:

Would you consider making a video of all that entertainment, plus I am anticipating that the night is going to get pretty wild - maybe several nights. Maybe you need a couple of guys to join it, though, then it might get really interesting. Fay and Cathyr, you go for it, you will feel a whole lot better for it. We are only human. I've taken to sampling frozen entrees lately, maybe you could get some of those, then if you throw them out you only lose money, not effort. Love, Margaret

Hey Fay A.

You don't have to send two invitations to any kind of party to me..!!

It is all fair that you have a pity party...you are allowed. Also wise to put a time limit on it.

I will definitely come to yours, if you will come to mine.. that is the way it works for me. When I have some p and moaning going on, it is very helpful to have a listening ear. I just completed three days of it myself. Without my friends, I don't know where I would be. They are lovely to listen to me. I don't let it out too often, but when I do, it all has to come out before I feel better. Get it out, Fay. And Cathyr and all. I will listen to you, if you will listen to me...

Go for it, Fay! Whoop those crazy drums.

Cindi o'h

Fay,

Playing the Celtic War Drum AND Recorder???? If you can do it at the same time then you are The Woman! Have a wonderful pity party, get all those stored up tears out and make room for more. I'm so sorry that you are having this reaction to the Tarceva. Hopefully a little break will help your tummy get healed.

Take care and looking forward to a good post on Monday from the Renewed and Refreshed Fay!

TAnn

Count me in. Does it matter that, since last Friday, I've sorta wafted back and forth between pity, tons of sleep and brief moments of positive thoughts already???

My chemo starts again on Monday, so that's a good cutoff for me too on this pity bash. Hope you've got plenty of ginger ale and Ativan on hand....eh? It's fast becoming my "new normal diet". :roll:

Okay....anyone wanna start with how few pairs of pants fit them anymore? I'll go first. I'm down to about three...all pull on, and ONE pair that buttons juuuuuuuuust barely. :? Can anybody top that? Anyone wanna take a side run to TJ Maxx? I'm worried the chemo nurses are gonna think they're experiencing Fashion Deja Vu when I start showing up again. :?

My GI studies are not scheduled for Monday after all. My mistake. But the pity party still ends on Monday Morning, no matter what. Following immediately after the pity party will be a new makeup/fashion party. We'll all learn to paint our faces blue and how to identify your individual tartan.

I know I'm being silly. But I prefer silly to somber.

Hey Fay,

Why not? We all laugh and celebrate together when the news is good and we feel good. I'm here for you and will be bringing some tunes to the pity party. How about an old song that my great aunts and uncles used to sing at the old family reunions...when the ice in all the coolers had melted and the bottles were all empty...I believe it was called "Old Shep" :( . Anyway....they would all sing it and all cry, so I guess it would be good for the pity party. I'm there...but I'll have to cut out on Tuesday for my trip to the Keys. :shock:

What does one wear to a pity party? Can I get in with my natty bathrobe and paint-splattered pj's?

Instead of a dish to pass, I'll bring a pot....p*ss pot, chamber pot, you name it.

Oh, Fay, I think it's the season for pity parties...be glad when we're back in the season of garden parties and bridal showers! Geesh!

Love to you, and all the others....now pass the body paints and see who can paint the best landscape!

xxoo

oh no...now we are talking chocolate? This pity party is the greatest!

How 'bout hot fudge brownie sudaes? I made thousands of them when I worked at Jolly Roger Waikiki many years ago...they were THE best! Perfect for a Pity Party.. ya gotta have the right food, wears, drinks, and NO bathing, brushing hair the whole weekend... Oooooh this is turning out to be a good one! Got any good blues? Billy Holiday is always good.

Cindi o'h