My heart weighs a ton toninght

NellW

Wow, this is a painful journey for loved ones too. Bob is getting very near the end I think. Today hospice was around a lot, and all his kids are here now. He is still fairly alert at times and responding some to us, but we are watching him hourly slip away. In some ways it is a very precious time, because there is so much love there.

He is so brave and so peaceful.

FINALLY the pain is under control, thank God.

Hope I don't discourage anyone, and thank you all so much for being here.

Love

Nell

Nell,

I am so touched by your post. The one thing that I want to tell you is that even when Bob no longer responds to you, he can hear you, so keep talking to him.... Let him know you are with him. I am so sorry you are going through this, but at the same time, it is an experience that is life changing when you help someone you love cross over to the other side. I am sure Bob and his wife know how fortunate they are to have friends like you... you are a wonderful woman and I pray for you all. Love, Sharon

You've been such a rock for Bob and his entire family Nell. Whenever you feel the need...you know you can come here to cry. It's so uplifting to hear Bob's pain is finally under control. Thanks so much for sharing his life with us. Bless you for your deep compassion...

Nell,

Bob and his family are so fortunate to be surrounded by so much love and your incredibly loyal friendship. I would be very proud to have you as my friend and I know he must be. Please take care of yourself and let us know if you need anything. I will be praying for you.

Nell,

It is so hard at times like this to find the right words to say.

But the important thing is that he is surrounded by all that love and that he is comfortable.

My prayers go out to you all.

What a wonderful friend you are. Peace be with you.

Maryanne