UPDATE

Remembering Dave

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Addie, I've been reading what's going on with you but haven't posted anything because I've been so devastated and caught up in Dave's current fight. You guys are pretty close to being in the same place. I am so glad that your onco doc and his staff says it does work. Our onco doc had just finished up with a patient in the room across the hall that has a sclc recurrence and is taking topetecan and it appears to be working, I think he just started really.

It doesn't matter our age. we all have things we want to get done in our lives. living the gift of life that God gave to us is important, and the best way to do that is to live each day to it's fullest, like Fay said in her post Monday, and like DeanCarl is living through example every single day.

I just talked to Dave via cell phone and the chemo is dripping as we speak. Our very own BeckyCW (Dave's sister) will be here in Richmond any time now and I so welcome the hands on support.

Addie, let's hold hands through cyber space and walk this path together. I have HOPE and OPTIMISM that this drug will work for you and Dave.

God Bless everyone and thanks for your love,

Karen

Karen,

The last time my kids and I attended the Circus was in 1988, and we lasted only an hour. We had second row seats directly behind the small stool that a rather large elephant would be sitting on....... The kids were thrilled to be so close to this huge elephant...until it passed gas. :oops:

The poor elephant was "seated' on the stool, and nearly blew himself off it! Then the elephant turned around to face us with such a surprized look on it's face. It was almost as if were saying "Who did that?" The kids were so grossed out we couldn't stay after that. But we still laugh over.

Well!

You tell David that I had to go crack open my "There's No Place Like Hope" book to find something worthy of saying - and was thrilled to find the following:

"Fear can be a great motivator - a call to action - or it can be paralyzing. Don't let fear make you a deer in the headlights. Many deer end up dead, not because there wasn't safety nearby, but because they were too afraid to move."

Give him a great big hug for me - and tell him I said he owes you one too.

Hugs and prayers,

SandyS

Sandy, great quote. you know over the weekend we were the deer caught in the headlights. but now we are channeling our fear into some real proactive fight.

Berisa, I Love the photo of your beloved Dad. you know how much you and your family are in my heart, because Faith came from your part of the world.

Fay, man, if that had happened to us, Dave would have exclaimed out loud "cool!" and we wouldn't have gone anywhere. oh, life with Dave, it does teach you to let your guard down!

thanks for all the support. everyone. I have to tell you that Monday morning I got up early, alone, and feeling very alone and despondent, and I logged on and starting reading replies to our bad news post and I gotg really lifted up, it inspired me to go hijack the oncology nurse for some action and carried me through the day. to everyone I owe a huge thanks for the support.

Karen

Geesh Chapmans this is too much - at the bare minimum you all should be buying a lottery ticket as you all are WAY over due for something good to happen.

Include me in praying for this miracle and how wonderful your oncologist is partnering with you.

Karen you continue to amaze me with your strength and will to fight. I just know this miracle will happen for you all.

Much Love,

Amy

PS. My hubby would have appreciated the elephant gas as well - last night he tried to high 5 the dog for doing the same thing, only on my lap :roll: