Bruised and sleepy

beckyg

I had my second dose of Taxotere today. This was the first time anyone has had trouble getting an IV started--I don't know why she had so much trouble. The veins that are dead from the Cisplatin are in my right arm and are discolored and hard. The nurse stabbed me three times and then called the doctor to do it. So my poor arms are looking a little beaten up. Oh well--it's a small price to pay, and the bruises will be gone in a couple of days.

I have my CT scan scheduled for July 28. My husband's birthday is on the 27th, and he says all he wants is good news on that CT. I told him that is my plan. I also told him that I am not going to get a year older on my next birthday--not that I am concerned about aging--I just have decided to have a "do-over" on being 30.

The antihistamine is making me sleepy, and I still have work that needs to be done today before I nap. Take care, everyone.

Becky

Thanks, Cindy. The picture is little bit old she was almost 2 then and now she is very proud to be 3 years old. In fact, yesterday she announced (at least a dozen times) "On my next birthday, I will be four!" I am working on getting one with my new hairstyle and an updated shot of my little cutie.

Becky

Hang in there hun-

yes everytime I see the pic too, it makes me wanna cry. SHE IS SO PRECIOUS!!!

Praying your scan is CLEAN AS A WHISTLE. (What does that mean anyway, clean as a whistle, are whistles extra clean...? WHO KNOWS)

Rana :wink:

Don I am glad you mentioned that. I have had mine now for 2 1/2 yrs and will never do without one. I have to have labs drawn regularly because my port is not drawing well but the chemo infuses just fine and that is what counts!

Becky ask your Dr about one. Sure BEATS getting stuck so much :(:(:(

Hey Becky.

Too bad about the veins. Listen to Don and Cindy about the port. I too love your pic with your not so little 3 yr old. I'm kinda like Cindy; we're the same age, and we both have 17 yr old daughters, only I also have a 13 yr old one as well -- try to get into our bathroom in the morning!! Take care, And make sure you give your husband that clear CT scan for his birthday

David P.

Becky,

Have you looked into having a port put in? It's my understanding that this makes things much easier on the one having chemo. Hoping your next go around is much easier...

Fay A. PS I start chemo in 4 weeks....And I'll be joining the ranks of women (like you) who have beautiful, perfectly shaped heads that don't require hair to look good. :o)

I have thought about a port, but so far my doctor reccommends I don't have one. He thikns yesterday was just a fluke--all the Cisplatin was in my right arm, and no one has ever had trouble getting a vein away from those dead ones before, and the Taxotere doesn't kill the veins like the platinum did. I trust this doc, so I will go with his reccommendations for now.

Becky

Well I have to get my 2 cents in here and also reccomend the port. The nurses get real upset about having to stab at their patients like that. My husband started chemo so fast that he had 2 treaments before he could get the port installed. He had a vein leak and it was terrible. He had to have at least 12 shots into the arm to neutralize the chemo. You don't want to have further problems with your veins and you're going to be getting poked a lot. It's great for the blood draws, etc.

Take care, wishing you all the best. :lol:

BECKY, I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL WITH THE STABBING. MY VEINS ARE HARD TO FIND. I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO HAVE ANY BLOOD DRAWN.

YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITH A PORT IF POSSIBLE. MY HUSBAND HAD A LEAK IN THE VEIN WHILE GETTING CHEMO AND TO THIS DAY HE CANNOT WEAR HIS WATCH ON THAT ARM YET. IT IS VERY SENSATIVE.

GOOD LUCK