Bob Vanden Berg

NellW

VANDEN BERG, (Bob) Bastiaan - Of Flushing, age 76, died Tuesday, February 22, 2005 at home.

Mass will be held concelebrated by Fr. Roy Horning, Pastor and Fr. Robert McGraw, friend of the family 11AM Friday, February 25, 2005 at St. Robert Catholic Church.

Burial will follow at St. Robert Cemetery.

Visitation will be 12Noon-4 and 6-9PM Thursday at Rossell Funeral Home. A Vigil for the deceased will be 7PM Thursday at the funeral home.

If desired, memorial contributions may be made to Heartbeat or Project Rachel through St. Robert Catholic Church.

Bob was born in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, March 4, 1928, the son of Gerard P. and Hendrica (van Zijll) Vanden Berg.

He married Johanna Geurts in Amsterdam on February 6, 1954.

Bob was a member of St. Robert Catholic Church and served on the Parish Social Ministry and the Diocesan Pastoral Council. He initiated the Respect Life Program at St. Robert. He was an advocate for social justice. He worked at AC Spark Plug for 20 years, retiring in 1988.

Bob was a wonderful and beloved husband, father, grandfather, brother and friend. He will be dearly missed by his family.

Surviving are: wife, Johanna Vanden Berg of Flushing; 2 sons, Robert A. and wife Liza Vanden Berg of Navarre, FL, Michael G. and wife Gina Vanden Berg of Flushing; daughter, Mary Jo Vanden Berg of Cincinnati, OH; 3 grandchildren, Courtney and Robert S. Vanden Berg and Clinton and wife Tina Vanden Berg; brother, Wim and wife Ans Vanden Berg; 2 sisters, Nell van den Nieuwboer, Annie Vanden Berg; 3 sisters-in-law, Dinie Vanden Berg, Mieke and husband Wim Burkunk, Tine Schoutsen; brother-in-law, Han and wife Jeannette Geurts all of The Netherlands; special friends, Art and Nancy(Nell) Walker of Flushing and Fritz Miller of Florida; many nieces, nephews and friends.

Nell, Thanks so much for posting Bobs obituary, it gives us a sense of who Bob truly was... I think it is such a special tribute that you and your husband were mentioned... I am praying for you all for peace and strength to get through today and tomorrow.... Love, Sharon

Hi Nell,

So sorry for the loss of your friend,

My deepest sympathy goes out to his family and friends at this most difficult of times.

You were such a good friend to him. He really appreicated all you did for him.

Maryanne

Nell,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend. I hope you are comforted in knowing that there are few people willing to go the distance with their friends as you have gone. I'm sure your love and support were much appreciated by Bob's family.

Nell,

I am so very sorry about Bob. I did see this one day when we had to drive back here for a day to feed the cats, but I had no emotional energy--only tears.

You have been a special friend to Bob and his family and to many of us here as well. May you receive a bounty of blessings.

I hope Jo is doing well and that all of you--family and friends, are finding comfort in memories of good times.

We live on in the hearts of others, little heavens on earth.

love and fortitude

elaine