The Third Annual Thomas G. Labrecque Classic

niececola

Hello Friends,

Last year, Geoff, Melinda and I volunteered at the TGL Classic, a race sponsored in NYC.

The foundation was founded in 2002 by the Labrecque family in honor of Tom?s memory. At the age of 62, the former Chairman of Chase, a non-smoker, died from lung cancer. Tom?s family and friends initiated the Thomas G. Labrecque Classic, ?Run as One? event, with the hopes of raising lung cancer awareness and vital research dollars to find a cure.

The race is taking place this year on Sunday, April 24th. I will be volunteering again this year, along with my brother Joe and his wife Christine.

If you are in NYC or anywhere close by, please come and run, or just walk around. It is a great day, there are so many wonderful people, lung cancer survivors and their caregivers, ALCASE and Cancercare, etc. will all be there.

If you need any information, please feel free to send me a PM. I would love to meet up with others from the board. If you would like to volunteer, please let me know, they are looking for some extra helpers.

Here is the link: http://www.tglfoundation.com/

Blessings,

Denise

I just want to add my support for this race/run. My siblings and I have participated in this for the past two years and plan to do so again this year. It is a wonderful event in Central Park, well organized, and proceeds all go towards lung cancer research. So, if you live in the NY tri-state area, please consider supporting this event.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, Denise--

Thanks for posting about this; it was on my mind that it was about that time of year, again. (Sorry I have not been in touch.)

For those of you who don't know--or may have forgotten-- this event (in its second year!!!) attracted over 5,000 runners and raised over $500,000 for LC research. YUP. Half a million dollars in a morning (!!!) earmarked for LC research thanks to this wonderful event, dedicated family and the foundation's staff.

$500,000 ...

So, like Denise and Maureen--I encourage you to become involved in this event if you do reside in the NY tri-state area. It only requires a few hours of your time.

Best,

Melinda

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...