Halfway home

betplace

Well several people have PM'd me for an update, so I thought I had better let you all know where I am at in our struggle with the beast.

I have finished 3 rounds of the Cisplatin/VP-16. It is a much harder combo than the Carbo was. I gained 50 pounds while on that particular combination. I have lost 25 on this one. There have been several episodes of nausea and the resultant praying to the Porcelain Goddess, plus I have lost my appetite. I really have to work hard to find foods that appeal to me.

I have had a lot of pain issues this time, and yesterday the Morphine stopped working. The Dr at the ER didn't know why, it just stopped working and suddenly I couldn't move because I was in so much pain. I ended up in the ER and they put me on Methadone, which helps, but is not as good as the Morphine was for blocking pain.

I am supposed to start round 4 this week, we'll see what my Onc decides in view of my trip to ER. Plus I need to see PCP for new Pain mangment.

Scans are scheduled for the 10th of March, so pray that this stuff is shrinking, since I am so miserable that it better *&&$%^#$& work!

Sitting at the puter is really hard on me and until I resolve that, I won't be on as much.

Take care, I love you all and pray for all of us nightly.

Blessings

Betty

Betty.

I am so sorry you have been having a rough time of it. And I want to both thank you and congratulate you for the update. You don't have to be so flippin' strong all the time... !!!

I think of your dancin' every time I see you post. Looks like you will be dancing only in your mind for awhile. Crossing my everythings that your pain will be controlled and that the new cocktail will give you some results. Prayers right now for miss Betty.

love,

Cindi o'h

From most of what I hear, cisplatin is really tough! I didn't get it the first time, because of a kidney condition...but the kidneys don't seem to be all it impacts.

I'm sorry you're having such a rough stretch of it, Betts. You ARE strong though...and you know we all back you up here, plus are vibing and sending all good wishes and thoughts!

So far, the Topotecan has been okay. My gut pain sort of went away once I had a couple of days of chemo in me...and boy was I happy about that!?

Keep us posted as you can and I am hoping for good results, good shrinkage AND better pain management. Happy dancing feet like yours can't be stilled for long, you know! You'll be back out there winging those feet around in no time! :wink:

Hang in there, sweetie....

Betty so glad your still with us as i've paid close attention to your situation. My wife went through the cis & vp16 for 6 round's and it sound's like your having the same result's from it with the sickness and weight loss ,but it did work untill last scan so now it's brain radiation and possible spine so keep up the good fight and we will soon hear those happy feet....