Scary Scan Time (partial update)

stand4hope

Well, it's that time again. Hubby gets a brain MRI on Tuesday and CT of chest, abdomen and pelic area on March 7. The brain MRI was originally scheduled for March 15, but the onc bumped it up two weeks earlier since he's having the problem with his periperal vision.

We won't get results until March 8 and March 11, but I'm going to try to get copies of the reports before then. Out of everything that relates to this disease, I think scan time is the worst! From now until March 11, I will be stricken with scanititis - my word for "worry disease". :roll:

Any prayers headed our way are greatly appreciated.

Love to all,

Peggy

Peggy,

You little dickens! If you go ahead and get the scans, you know they always sound scarier than when the onc. explains them...! You better leave them alone. I am only saying this out of experience of my own and you know there is that Pandora's Box thing going on. Just leave it to the docs okay?

Other than that little finger spanking, of course DH and DW have my prayers.

love, Cindi o'h

Put off thinking about the Scanitis as long as you can, Peg....and then know we'll help you carry the worry, ok?

Yeah....you know, I wasn't suffering the wait time too much after my last rounds of chemo. I was NED in October...and still felt good in January so figured I was still NED. And I was. Piece of cake, right?

Until my tummy started hurting a week later.....BUT.....I never considered it could be cancer after a clean scan a week before!! So.....in a weird sense, I didn't have that worry over the tests that were to come....and the waiting time...because I just "knew" it was something else, not the cancer.

Well....it was cancer. So now I suppose I'll be suffering Scanitis myself a bit more profoundly, when test time rolls around! :roll:

You've got my best vibes and thoughts heading your way for a wait that is not too stressful....ok? Keep busy and keep BELIEVING! We're here with you.

Peggy,

Of course prayers for you both! I know exactly what you mean. Steve had the exact same scans on Thurs. & Friday. Without warning Wednesday night, I had a complete sobbing meltdown. Go figure. We're just going to think all positive thoughts for our guys!

Peggy,

Prayers that the results are stable or better. Scanitis - I also have this word in my vocabulary. I find that the closer to the actual test date that I start to feel less anxious. My feeling is at that point I cannot do anything to change the results. Tell me the results and we plan a celebration or a battle plan. Why I cannot rest in these feelings 1 or 2 weeks before, I don't know.

Hope all goes well for you and your husband.

Maureen