Well its Official....

Ry

John's mother has NSCLC. She had a biopsy today and they now know the tumor is malignant. They did not give her a stage yet. She will be getting a referral to an oncologist and starting the process. She lives in Florida so his sister went down to be with her this week. His sister lives in Chicago so I am not sure how we're going to handle all this from a distance. This is just too weird.....I can't believe we now have another family member with this disease.

Sorry to hear the news, Ry and John. This genetic link is just too awful. Len's brother died of lung cancer -- diagnosed at a very late stage. At least John's mother has your fund of information to rely on. I know what a help you'll be to her.

Thinking of you all,

Ellen

I just don't know what to say except I'm so sorry that your family has to deal with this lc stuff again. At least, you can provide John's mother with the information that she will need so much esp. in the early months. I couldn't imagine anyone else being a better support.

Gail p-m

Dear Ry and John,

I am sorry to learn that John's Mother also has Lung Cancer. I'm including some links to info you may be interested in on the subject of familial Lung Cancer.

http://cmmg.biosci.wayne.edu/lung/

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 083520.htm

http://www.eh.uc.edu/gelcc/news.asp

It's important research, for our children's sake.

Once again, I am so sorry.

Ry and John,

This ##%$@ disease! I am so,so sorry to hear about John's mom. Steve lost his dad to lc. This just renews my determination to get more attention for research funding, especially into the familial aspect. Not only do we have to deal with it with more than one family member, we still have the terror of worrying about our children. My prayers for the whole family.

well, crap. and welcome to the husband/mother cancer club. a club I wish I to belong to alone, this is not good. I will say at least my mom and dad live in town and my mom's got my dad. this long distance help is going to be pretty darn hard.

I don't know what to say, Ry and John, except hang tough. I know your family will pull together and work out a plan. I'm just really really sorry. I hope they caught it at an early stage.

God Bless,

Karen

I am so sorry to hear your mother in law will also be fighting this dreadful disease. I too have a family history. I pray that magic bullet is right around the corner for all of us.