Just dropping in for a bit

Hello gang! I have tried to respond to several posts over the past couple of weeks but there seems to be a problem. When I hit "post a response", it takes me back to the main page of the web site. :? I did manage to post to Ry once today. I have no problem starting a new thread, it's just replying to posts. hmmmmmmmmm

Quick update on Dad..........Dad was on Alimta.......not working so we threw in Gemzar with the Alimta. We haven't had any scans yet to find out if it is working, but I don't think it is. There are too many new symptoms. Dad's voice is very low and scratchy right now. I believe that one of the tumors is pressing on his trachea. Dad woke up this morning and the left side of his lips and a bit of his left jaw is numb. I'm assuming that the tumor is pressing on a nerve. I wanted to call the oncologist but Dad says that we will wait until Friday when we are scheduled to see the doctor. Also, the last couple of days his shortness of breath is much worse. He has oxygen at home but has been using it sporadically.......just when he needs it. The last two days he has had to use the oxygen almost 24/7. Right now Dad is still able to walk around (just in the house and from the car to the dr.'s office). He also still cares for his hygiene needs, etc. He is slowing down considerably and it is happening fast. I am so scared. Dad is talking about how he probably won't be walking for much longer, etc. It just breaks my heart.

Please keep my Dad in your prayers. Also, please say a few prayers for me. I have to have surgery on my foot on March 9th. I have a heel spur and I also have compression of a nerve in my foot. It is PAINFUL! This is the WORST time possible for me to have surgery, but I have been putting it off for more than six months. I am now at the point where I can barely stand to walk on my foot. Lots of stuff going on here on the farm. (right now there is a 24 hour old baby goat in my bath tub..........that's a whole 'nother story!!! :roll: )

I think of you all daily and I have been reading posts, but as I said, I haven't been able to respond. I will e-mail Rick about my problem. Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie

Keeping you and Dad in my best thoughts, Angie. I know this is such a hard time...and you needing surgery on top of things??? Well.....complicating, for sure...but you need to have this taken care of.

I will vibe for your speedy and full recovery and continue to keep Dad in my best thoughts and wishes. I wish things were better right now...but you're with Dad...and I know you treasure the moments.

All good thoughts your way.....

Angie, I will be keeping both you and your dad in my prayers. I know how caregivers always put their needs on the back burner and this is not good, as things we have to take care of ourselves! Sorry to hear you have the foot problem but also glad to hear you're having it taken care of!!! So very good to hear from you!

Add my thoughts to those of everyone else, Angie. Hope that Friday the doctor can help your dad with all this.

And good luck with the surgery -- I know how painful heel spurs can be -- I had one which seems to somehow have resolved itself. I think it might have broken itself off and disappeared because one day, after the pain had actually lessened quite a bit, while I was walking (after having walked all over for that whole week; I was on a trip to London), I suddenly felt agonizing pain in that particular area which lasted for a minute, then disappeared, never to be felt again. I'll take it, whatever happened!

Man when it rains it pours with you...I am not even going to ask about the goat. I hope your dad's appointment Friday will give you some answers about the new symptoms. What is it with men not wanting to call the doctor??? Hang in there Angie and good luck on the foot surgery.

Angie, I am so glad you posted as I have been thinking about you and Dad so much.... Sorry he is not doing well. I just don't know what else to say... there are no words. I am praying that your surgery goes well and you are back on your feet soon.... Much Love, Sharon