The lastest from The Last Resort

Ry

That's the name of our house in case you're wondering. :lol:

John had his appointment today and sure enough he will not have to have the bronc because the bleeding has stopped. We like this pulmonologist very much and he said there was no need to go in and look unless he was having problems. We had a long discussion about coughing up blood and it sounds as if its to be expected periodically with lung cancer.

John's mother had a PET scan today, not sure when she will get the results of that. The CT scan showed one tumor in her lower lung. Surgery would be possible if she were younger and healthier so right now we are thinking about the RFA. She has not seen an oncologist yet, just the pulmonologist and surgeon, so we'll see what the onc will say.

Rochelle

Waiting for those spring pictures from your place showing how very waterfront you really are! :wink:

Will post some of my mudboggin' front yard if spring is anything like I think it will be in the North Country...

Glad John is still on an even keel. Hoping his mom finds her silver bullet, as well.

Happy about the confidence in John's pulmonologist. I have me a good one too. It is very comforting. I didn't know that bleeding is to be expected. huh! learned something new.

RFA is a treatment that I know nothing about. I hope to learn more about it through your postings. Is this something that they can do alone? No chemo?

Best wishes to the comings and goings at the resort.

Cindi o'h

Well..I haven't been on that much but I must have missed a whole lot more than I thought I did..

Sorry to hear about John's mom..is she staying with you? I am glad that John's doc says the bleeding is okay, and that it has stopped. That has got to be one of the scarier things!

I hope things will right themselves soon and both John and his mom will be on the upswing.. and I hope that you are doing okay.

RFA is radio frequency ablation, they use a probe and go in and kill the tumor (not sure I can explain to you EXACTLY how) its less invasive then surgery. It's been awhile since I read up on all this stuff. When John was first diagnosed we looked into it but it wasn't possible for him. She is in her 80's and lives in Florida. His sister will go back to Florida and take her for the procedure if it turns out she can have it done.

Boy I can relate to your chaos with John and now your mother-in-law. I had all hell break lose at one point where everything was falling apart all at once. Sometimes when it rains it pours.

My advise is to do something special for yourself each day, it doesn't have to be expensive but just a little break to eliminate some of the stress. Hey it may even be a good cry, sometimes that is just what the doctor ordered.

Good to hear that John's problems are getting better. Hang in there,

Wendy

Ry,

I am so glad to hear that John is doing better. It must have been very scary to be coughing up blood. I didn't know that it was "expected" with lung cancer, especially since John has done so well for so long.

How is the Tarceva treating him? It seems to have a cycle w/me. Really bad break outs, tummy trouble, fatigue, then as the bumps are healing I feel better for a few days, then back to the bad effects.

Oh well, all in a day's fight! :lol:

TAnn

You know TAnn I notice that with John too. He feels crappy and then back to feeling better...has the rash breakouts real bad and then it seems to clear somewhat. I do think he is adjusting to it finally. I was thinking he may have to ask to have the dosage lowered. It seems to have these ups and downs. He did find that using Head and Shoulders shampoo helps with the rash in his hair.