Thanks for your advice!

cathyr

Hi everyone,

First, let me thank those who wrote back regarding what to do about decreased appetite. It was very helpful and I am trying to eat whenever I can. I never thought I would be in a situation where I actually lost my appetite. Even when my husband dies, I ate for emotional reasons. Oh well. I guess its a good thing that I was 40 lbs. overweight before this started.

I had the 2nd vaccine on Wednesday for the clinical trial. It is very trying. I am so glad to be a part of this trial, but it is not an easy one. I have to give myself an injection in my upper thigh for 8 days after and I am getting a reaction of redness, swelling, itchin, (sound similar). I am taking Benedryl to try to keep the itching down, but it makes me very sleepy. I am definetly catching up on my rest. The doctor is not sure whether this is a good reaction or not. I guess we'll find out. The whole purpose is to boost the immune system so that it will start to fight the cancer. Anyway, I'm glad I survived this last injection and now I'm half way through the program.

Thanks again for all your support and love. It really, really helps!

:wink::wink::wink: CathyR

CathyR,

Hoping and praying that the vaccine is working for you. You are right about participating in a trial, it is very tedious and you have to endure daily injections. Keep strong and let us know how you are doing.

TAnn

Cathy,

If you like chocolate, try the chocolate Ensure (or equate that I use). If you drink it through a straw it isn't half bad. The smell bothers me to the straw keeps my nose away from the can. I admire you so much for entering this trial. I pray that it works for you. It is so thoughtful of you to keep us updated with all the details. The more we know the better we can make our decisions about treatment. Keeping you in my prayers.

Nina