It was going to be a short update......

Elaine

I am so sorry that I haven't posted. So many things have happened and I am under a lot of stress. I sure wish I was moving but my husband's job didn't work out--long story--I am really worried about him. I was also worried while he was there working 18 plus hours a day in very cold weather--missing Christmas and New Years because the plant was a peice of doo-doo, lol.

Chances are the place won't be able to stay afloat anyway, so maybe it's best in the long run... but that doesn't make us feel all that great now.

I will post an update on all the myriads of medical stuff that has happened with me--my mind is reeling with all of the unknowns on that front.

The other thing that happened is that we nearly lost our 24 year old son to a serious reaction to ZPack, an antibiotic. He was hospitalized for 10 days with what is thought to be Stephens-Johnson Syndrome--never heard of it till now, but it is nasty.

He lives in another state and we were fortunate to be able to be with him.

The good thing about that is that he had wonderful teams of Doctors, I mean teams and teams of Drs--from every specialty there is--and since it was a teaching hospital, all the Drs had what I called a group of travelling shadows.

They took pictures and pictures for some kind of teaching thing--not sure what, a textbook or article or something (I wasn't there when the photographer came by)-- so my son's privates will be on display, lol--along with his eyes, mouth, and whatever picutures they have of his "innards", all of which were covered with blisters. Talk about pain...

Well that's the short story of where I have been. Turned out long....

I have also been numbed with grief from all of the bad news on here lately. I know there is also good news, but for some reason, my thoughts always wander to those of you who are in need, now.

My dear Addie and Justa and Bill's dear wife and Angie's Dad and David C and Randired's mother. I love you all so much, and my prayers are sent for you and all your loved ones each morning and night.

love and fortitude

elaine

Elaine,

Thanks for posting. I have been really worried about you. Glad your son is improving. Hope your husband finds a job and hope your medical stuff improves. Take care. Please let us know more when you are able. Thanks. Prayers being sent for all.

Elaine

So glad to hear from you, although now i kinda wish i hadnt. You have so much going on and i am praying for you and your hubby and most of all your son right now. That is scary stuff. So glad they think they got it under control.

Please know you are in my thought and prayers daily and really do look forward to hearing from you again with all good news!!

Thanks for taking this moment to let us know whats up.

Love,

Kim

Elaine, I am really glad to hear your son is better. I also hope your

husband finds a job. Your plate is more than full and I am sorry for

all you are having to deal with at once. I know that has to be very

over whelming. Know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your

family. Haylee

Good grief, E!! :shock: Just when you think things can't get any more complex or worrisome.....they do, eh?

I'm so sorry to hear about your son, but so glad you could be with him AND that he was in a good teaching hospital with lots of attentive care. I hope he's back to 100% asap!!

As for you, dear lady....I wish the same for you too...and for hubby and the job situation. We take this $%#@&% as it comes, and keep trying to put one foot ahead of the other....don't we? I feel I've slowed down lately (well heck, my bloodcounts are in the dumper...no wonder, huh? :? ) but even so there is always a good book to read or some yarn to work into something cute....so I still have options!!

So glad you could let us know what's been going on. Do keep us posted now....ok?

(((Elaine))),

I am so sorry to hear about all the pain and hardships in your life. I know at times it is hard to come here . We become very attached to people here and then things sometimes take a turn for the worse. Almost every time I visit here, I cry , but before I go, I try to find someone to laugh with or to give an encouraging word to. I also know this group is wonderful and would be here to help me if I need it.

It's obvious to me that you have many friends here and they love you and would love the chance to send a hug, a prayer or offer some other word of encouragement. Don't stay away so long. Please accept my prayers to help you get through all that life is handing you.

God Bless You,

Sue

Elaine

My goodness what an ordeal with your son!!! I hope he is recovering and feeling much better.

I was going to post an APB for you if you didn't show up soon. I was getting worried about you.

I hope that you are feeling good. I know the job situation with your hubby is terrible. Something will come up soon.........I just know it.

In my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie

hey girl...

what a deal! sorry you are going through all of this. The johnson -s sydrome is bad stuff! I hope that his blisters are healing and no infections. dang!

glad that you posted...many of us were getting scared about you. Hoping things will improve for you and yours..

Cindi o'h

Elaine,

Well here is hoping that things get better for you on all fronts, and SOON. Any one of the events/situations you mention would be considered a major stressor. Prayers coming your way.

Fay A. PS my middle son had a Stephens-Johnson reaction to Penicillen when he was 6 years old. It's a horrific thing.

Elaine,

So good to see your post. You have been through so much lately. I actually saw a news story on SJS. I think a little girl took Advil and had the same type of reaction. She did not survive. God Bless you and your son and keep us updated on your health. We have all been concerned about you.

TAnn

Hi Elaine,

I don't know you yet, as I am fairly new here, but it certainly seems like you have tons of friends who really care about you here.

I just want to say that I pray to give you strength to carry all this burden you personally have been going through.

I don't have to tell you that we are here for you, because you know that. Please don't be put off letting us know what is going on with you as if we know than we could try to help. You know that is what this board is here for. Don't shut us out, share, so we could be here to help.

Prayers to you Elaine,

Maryanne

Hiya Friend, So glad to hear from you, and it sounds like it has been quite a battle on the home front in every way.

That stuff your son had sounds awful, and I am so sorry about the job situation, but then if the company folds, it is probably as you said good that he is not there.

Don't be a stranger, we love you,

Nell

Elaine,

I am so glad you posted. It has been a long while since I heard from you and was worried. I can certainly understand why you didn't post. You have a ton of things going on to stress you and sometimes being here is stressful in itself. We all grow to love each other and when one hurts the others do as well. I have never stopped praying for you and your family and wish I could do more. If the job was a lousy one, then it was best it didn't work out AFTER you moved. Maybe this is a sign that the job he is meant to take is somewhere else. Hang in there Elaine.

Love you and think of you often.

Nina

Elaine, so sorry to hear things have been so rocky for you. But...I am so glad to hear from you and know that you are alright!!! We love you and worry when we don't hear from you! I'm saying a special prayer today for your family!