A BAD COUPLE OF DAYS // UPDATE ON FRANK LAMB

Frank Lamb

I have been coughing pretty bad since mid Jan.Also was coughing up blood,and very SOB.

Had x rays,and CT scan.Was told they saw nothing wrong.My thoracic surgeon wanted to do broncoscopy to make sure everything was ok.

Turns out the cancer has spread to my windpipe and is blocking almost 80% of the airway.They were unable to get past it with the machine they were using.They also say now there is another tumor in bottom r. lobe in addition to the tumor in middle r. lobe that has been stable for a year now.I was in hospital from Fri. morning til Sat nite.

They are now trying to get another scopy machine w/a laser from another hospital.They will use the laser to open the airway so I can breath and then be able to go down and see what is up in my lung.

They said they will have another machine there on mon or tues and will call me in as soon as they get it.

When I asked why they didn't see this on the CT scan they said the CT doesn't show always what is inside.I never heard this before has anyone else ever heard that.??

Geez Frank.

I didn't know that you were having all of this going on. You have been holding out on us.

Sounds like you are going to be getting the treatment that you need for better breathing. Breathing is number one. Then you will be able to see exactly what is up with those tumors and get treated for those, right?

Hang in there, Frank. There will be plenty of Bud Lite and tea for you when you are up to it.

keep us posted on what the docs have to say, will you?

love, Cindi o'h

Aw crap, Frank. I'm so sorry to hear this. But I had to reply to say YES....my CT of chest, abdomen and pelvis on Jan. 3rd was clean....still NED. A week later, my tummy was "off"....sorta unsettled, hurt a bit up under my ribs. I was back and forth to the doc...who said it was a virus, then my thyroid was off, and eventually he dx'd me with pancreatitis.

I had an ultrasound of my gut on Feb. 9th that showed nothing - no gallstones to account for the pancreatitis....and then the MRI on Feb. 11th showed four tumors in my liver and "multiple masses" in my pancreas!! :shock:

The radiologist went back to my Jan. CT scan and I guess THEN he saw (retrospectively, to use his word) indication of what the MRI found.

My onc said, "Once you know something is there...it's easier to go back and find it on old scans".....like THAT makes me feel any better.

All I can say is that IF something doesn't feel right.....to pursue it. Of course in my case, small cell is nasty-aggressive....but I still didn't figure it could be the cancer that soon after a "clean" CT scan.

I hope they get this other machine asap and that it does the job for your blocked windpipe, Frank. I'll be sending all my best thoughts your way for resolution to that issue and for something to take care of what's in your lung. Vibing you to heal quickly.

Dear Frank,

I am very upset to hear this news. You have been a ROCK to all of us, and I guess you were the last person I would have expected to hear bad news from. Please know how very, very special you are to all of us, and I can't describe to you how fervent my prayers will be for you to beat this back, back, back!!].

All my love,

Peggy

Yes, Frank I have heard of not seeing everything on a CT.

I am glad they kept looking in to what was wrong. It sounds like you have good plan in place.

We will all be sending you our best in getting through this. My best to you and Connie getting this taken care of.

Your friend John.

Frank,

This news of yours leaves me with every emotion you can think of. I am soooo sorry Frank that you have been going through all this. :( First of all, I want you to know that you have my prayers for a quick fix and that you will be feeling better in no time.

It makes me angry to think that all of us look to those scans to let us know what is going on , not to mention that they cost an arm and a leg and head and a foot... You know what I mean. This is so scary to think all of this was going on and not showing up. Makes you wonder if it's the fault of the equipment or the radiologist that reads them and or both. This just makes me feel angry, and sad . I want to scream and cry all at the same time. I'm sorry, I'm getting carried away, but there seems to be a lot of this stuff happening lately. Take care Frank. Know that you and your family have my prayers.

Sue

Oh, this is really shi##y, huh? None of it makes sense to me either....

Without going into all the details of what has been going on with me, I can say this. Thurs my pulmo keep looking thumbing through copies of my scan reports, talking to himself, scratcing his head and saying-"Maybe there's something going on in there that we just aren't SEEING!!!!" --Empahasis mine!

Then before I could quiz him on that comment, he up and leaves! So, I guess there ARE things they can't see. But something that is blocking 80 per cent of your trachea??? I don't buy that, Frank. I am from Missouri (the show-me state) so I would be asking for them to SHOW me the scan.

But, I guess they think it doesn't make that much difference--but it DOES.

I recently had the laser thingie, and I guess the the only real thing to worry about is excessive bleeding, from what they told me.

Keep us posted and keep those spirits high.

I am sure praying for you Frank--.

love and fortitude

elaine

FRANK,

How could you go to the hospital without us??? Hey I know I sent you my phone number! Don't do that again!

I know others on here have had the laser procedure. I hope it goes well for you...keep us posted or give Connie my phone number. As Cindi says, we'll be here with a case of cold Bud Lite when you're ready for it.

Frank,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I agree with Peggy that you have been a rock for so many of us. It's our turn. It sounds like you are in good hands. Sending all my positive vibes your way.

TAnn

Jesus Frank.... I can't believe all this is going on with you... :evil:

Lissen..if you want me to drive on up there and help you and Connie slap any of those doctors around, you let me know, okay? In the meantime, do what you need to do to get better and for crying out loud, keep us posted. And listen to Ry and CALL her if we need to know anything. PLEASE!!!

I'm not worried about you Frank, I KNOW you will be okay...

Hi Frank,

So sorry to hear about your delimma. Seems like bad news is coming from all over.

But Iam confident that this laser thing will work, and you will be fine.

take care please, you are a very special man, and there are many prayers going out to you from all over.

Hang in there. It will all turn out alright.

Maryanne

Frank, you are one of my special people, I am so sorry about the news but thank goodness they have identified the problem, that is the beginning of finding a solution. Good luck on the laser, I know that will be a big relief to have your airway cleared. I will say a special prayer for you tonight. Margaret

Frank,

I just can't stand it. You have been such an inspriration and you have actually made me laugh at myself.

I can't remember do you get PETs or CT/PET fusions studies?

How were you breathing 80% blocked? Did it feel 80% blocked?

Much love comin your way.

Jen

Come on Frank...don't make me sorry that I came home from my vacation. I only want to hear GOOD news, so get that new piece of equipment hooked up and get that new scope and get this taken care of as soon as possible. Since laughter is the best medicine, I expect that you will be fit and fighting ASAP! Please know that (all joking aside) I'm saying prayers for you and your family and will be thinking good thoughts for all of you!

Frank,

Like others, I can't believe you kept this secret from us. This is crappy news, but we know that your doctor will put a plan in place and we will all meet in Cindi's pub to celebrate your good news.

Please have Connie call Ry or show her how to post her if you disappear like this again.

Praying big prayers that the laser works.

Love,